Fate thread

why don't mages in this setting harvest souls to create mystic codes / acquire mana
kiritsugus mystic code was very powerful because it was made from his soul
steps to becoming powerful in this setting
>collect large ammounts of mana via a leyline or be converting electricity into mana
>collect multiple souls that have an element / origin that is related to physical spells
>develop a mystic code that lets you disperse physical pressure being placed on your body (thus becoming immune to being cut or pierced)
>upgrade your general durability and physical strength through wishcraft rituals and supplement that via becoming a dead apostle
>develop magic defense by simply creating a mystic code that can cast an A rank shield around yourself, thus becoming immune to any spell of B rank or below
>use enchanted guns as a weapon
>countless other upgrades

Attached: KiritsuguEmiya.png (800x596, 163.2K)

*countless other possible upgrades

I'm a lorelet secondary, but I thought the implication was that modern magi are really inept at harvesting mana from other people's souls. We see Medea's original master with a huge state-of-the-art laboratory grinding children down into mana and Medea just casually produces a better mana crystal from thin air. If you aren't a heroic spirit from the Age of Gods, or have a specific quirk to your magic circuits that you can take advantage of like Kiritsugu did, there isn't much point to it. At least, that's from what I could tell.

Kiritsugu's bullets were powerful because they are made from his origin, which is something unique to him, and they aren't too powerful or anything, they can do one thing which is perfect for him as a mage killer.
The rest of your post is some retarded bullshit and baseless claims.

yes, but you could still use electricity and convert it into mana, or use a leyline
the souls are more to make your mystic code more powerful
>they are made from his origin, which is something unique to him
origin is part of your soul or a property of your soul. they were bullets created from fragments of is soul
and where does it say that origins are unique for every person?
>they aren't too powerful or anything
they possess more mystery than most spells which is why they can't be blocked by mages like kayneth

>and where does it say that origins are unique for every person?
Not really "unique", but the probability that you'd find two individuals with the same origin is low.
>which is why they can't be blocked by mages like kayneth
Kayneth could block them with his Hydrargyrum, it's just that Kiritsugu outsmarted him.

>outsmart
it is shown clearly in the fight that the bullet is able to pierce through the slime

Attached: screenshoteasy (11).png (794x437, 390.6K)

>autonomous defense
Yup, he outsmarted him. That isn't all to his Hydrargyrum.

the bullet is shown going through the slime
watch the scene again

No

yes

Kiritsugu shoots him once with a normal Contender bullet to surprise Kayneth who used a defensive power sufficient to parry calico bullets, but not the Contender. So Kayneth takes the first bullet.
After taking it, he knows how powerful the contender is, so he uses a more powerful defensive form, which the contender can't pierce anymore. Which is exactly what Kiritsugu wants, because the second time, he fires an Origin Bullet, which fucks Kayneth's circuit completely because he uses all his mana into defense after the second bullet.
The second one never touches Kayneth directly, it gets stopped by the mercury, but since the mercury is animated by his mana, it shreds him from inside.

>he uses all his mana into defense after the second bullet.
after the first bullet*

Why is Kerry used as an example of a 'mature' protagonist when he's more retarded, gullible and childish than Shirou could ever hope to be?

Attached: waaaaahhh.jpg (640x360, 32.08K)

>an example of a 'mature' protagonis
because he is literally more mature than most anime protags

>more mature
>literally pure edge

i meant in terms of age

Dude I like him as well but his backstory is Shadow the Hedgehog tier edge and not in a good way

Attached: 1640209278372.png (700x700, 162.74K)

He might be technically older, but even Shirou is more mature than Kerry.

i was talking about age when i said 'literally mature'

The whole point of his story is how he fucked up.

People keep saying this, buy in a timeline where the grail isn't corrupted (something he had no way of knowing) it could totally do what Kiritsugu wants.

The Grail does wmgrant wishes as shown by Amakusa Shirou and Marisbury.

The Grail was corrupted by the Servant of the Einzberns themselves, and Kiri was allied with the Einzberns, did the clan just lose or didn't get any records of how their representative fell in the Third War?