SHOUNEN WA

SHOUNEN WA
SHOUJO NI DEAU
What did you think of this decade's Evangelion?

Attached: sonny boy mizuho 1.jpg (2048x2048, 323.65K)

>What did you think of this decade's Evangelion?
I'm not sure what to say. Could you post it first?

>spoiler
Come on, it wasn't as bad as Eva.

>hur dur eva
Sonny boy will never become a capitalist whore like Eva.

Attached: 1621971571362.jpg (1920x1080, 174.72K)

I obviously meant NGE, not the rest. They have similar atmospheres.

Eva is way more action oriented than Sonny boy, while managaing to have more silent scenes than it at the same time

But Sonny Boy actually manages to have meaningful and interesting symbolism, whereas Eva has things that were added just out of aesthetic preference.

Attached: 1644658904863.png (1200x630, 1.09M)

Filtered.

Everyone gets filtered when watching Sonny Boy. It filters the most plebeian aspects of your character, distilling you into a patrician extraordinaire.

Sonny Boy is an initiatic experience

Easily one of my favorite anime

Attached: 7370ov5jubd71.jpg (321x500, 26.29K)

It's this decades' FLCL. Not Evangelion.
Has a bunch of great music and is a really good coming of age story just like FLCL.
Also, I thought it was great.

My dude don't be pretentious, plebs will be filtered no matter what. Sonny Boy is a great goddamn show but at the end of the day its an incredibly simple allegory for growing up in the Japanese school system with all the expectations that entails with some of the most on the nose imagery out there.
I don't get why you guys always have to make fucking watching anime a competition

it referenced robinson crusoe and had neat visuals therefore it really smart and deep to distract you from the fact that the script and characters are shallow and nothing you haven't seen before

anime watchers really are midwits, quirky artstyles and literary references are like catnip

Can immediately tell a show is fotm when the fans lack the basic self-awareness to see how hard they're embarrassing themselves by comparing their forgettable mediocrity to eva.

>had neat visuals
Yeah usually people are attracted to the visual aspects of visual mediums what an astute point

>What did you think of this decade's Evangelion?
That was Gridman.

Attached: 1539447427610.png (891x781, 1.05M)

typical reductive black and white thinking. anime with neat visuals aren't really novel when you're media literate, especially if you watch lots of old anime. the eras where everything looked nice but you still have to weigh the other pros and cons. things can skate with visuals alone. sonny boy and ousama are trash but only standout cause anime is objectively garbage today. they don't match up to the most mediocre 80s and 90s tv anime.

I am just saying that watching Sonny Boy makes you a better person.

Attached: 1618659354447.png (1920x1080, 1018.32K)

Aoi Yuuki kino of the highest order.

nta you're responding to but don't be a retarded nostalgiafag. When I think of mediocre 80s and 90s shows I think of Wonder Beat Scramble, Mowgli, Eatman, and Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai. Not the standouts from the period and definitely not as good as recent stuff like Sonny Boy or ID: Invaded or Revue Starlight or w/e.
The proportion of shit shows to good shows has remained constant across the years from what I've seen. There's just more shows now.

>nothing you haven't seen before
So what? Does your ADHD brain crave new experiences all the time?
It must be quite sad being unable to enjoy something if you've already experienced it once before.

humans should always being putting in effort to experience and convey novel things and ideas, yes. that's how art progresses. it's animes biggest problem that it's just a negative feedback loop of rehashed concepts and ideas. largely why anyone outside this board doesn't take any of it seriously and those that want to get into it only want to watch things that look good and interesting instead of cliched things. all things are derivative to an extent sure but there are still trendsetters that hold up and broke ground first.