Gash/Zatch Bell sequel announced

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-02-26/konjiki-no-gash-zatch-bell-manga-gets-new-series-in-mid-march/.183029

What are your hopes, expectations, and fears anons?

Continued from

Attached: 2489h.jpg (1024x768, 297.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Qegkwkq-4A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

where did we get that date? source?

I hope it's not Kiyo but his great great grandchild who is a completr dumbass.

WHEN
THE NIGHT HAS COME

it's just a special day

Attached: 16778568757.png (398x311, 168.02K)

Top five demons in no real order

>Barry
>Rein
>Zeon
>Kanchome
>Leila

>What are your hopes, expectations, and fears anons?
with the exception of JOJO/Kinnikuman, every sequel to a battle shounen is just okay or absolute shit. So my expectations are extremely low. I REALLY DIDN'T WANT A SEQUEL the manga was already perfect.

Attached: Doraemon.png (470x653, 41.59K)

What are the chances of a reboot so far?

No news or hinting, but I'd say this makes it more likely then ever before

>Hope
Proper sequel covering the next war to become king with an MC who isn't Gash's kid
>Expectation
Gash & the gang in the demon world fighting some new threat.
>Fears
It erases a significant chunk of the character growth from the previous series.

This scares me. Vector ball was a failure and Animal Land wasn't a big hit like gash. I'd much more prefer something new than a sequel of an already complete series. While I'd love to see more Gash Bell, I hope Makoto Raiku isn't forcing himself.

>Manga gives bonus chapters to show the king isn't a bad guy
>Despite turning Kolulu into a monster and forcing her to fight in ways that she didn't want to
>Despite abusing the shit out of Zeon and turning him into a monster
why is that?

Riuka has a knack at characters seeming like awful people but having silver linings.

That's the one that's incongruent though. The other ones are still presented as being in character. Just seems like they didn't want Gash's dad to be a bad guy at the end.

>Vector Ball
Actual schizo shit
>Animal Land
It was popular enough, and was hindered by never getting an adaptation.

>Just seems like they didn't want Gash's dad to be a bad guy at the end.
but he never was a bad guy, he did his best so Zeon could be king and he did nothing to Kolulu, I do not understand this head cannon.

>we could have gotten and adaption by Wit instead of AoT
I'm still mad.

The gash bell.vol releleases from a few years ago had gash cafe omakes had gash and Zeons dad talking to the gold book and it was mentioned shortly into his reign their was an enemy who nullified their powers and they had to call their partners to the Mamodo world

OBLIGATORY READ THE MANGA IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THE ANIME, THE ANIME DIVERGED FROM THE MANGA'S PLOT ON TOP OF BEING A SHIT ADAPTION IN GENERAL

You can find additional companion resources like translation fixes, extra color pages, clips to the few moments the anime does well/videos that sync the anime's music to the manga, etc here:

I do wish I had the time to finish that reading companion guide that has the translation fixes, extra color pages, the videos that sync up manga only content to the anime OST (ex: drive.google.com/open?id=1xsDN9LdG4qOxCepgMUsXrl0kR-kSlQwn , tho this is the final climax so be wary of spoilers if you've never read the manga)., etc here: desuarchive.org/a/thread/226781027/#226815842, though google changed it's google drive permission systems so you may have to ask for download access with a google account, I'll try to figure out how to change that

Would like to do a brand new manga scan release using thehigher res digital rips that have the complete color pages and not just the few I had before too, but I don't have time for that (even the above companion guide isn't finished) and i'm not sure mangadex would let me just selectively update the pages that have translation issues/would benefit from color pages for the existing NULL release

I said this last thread, but I'd like a brand new cast with old characters only showing up here and there. So set either maybe in the future or maybe even in the last demon tournament from 1000 years ago, with Vikings, Persians, Mayans, etc roaming around with demons.

Attached: page0098.jpg (1350x1920, 648.74K)

They said the demon king was the one who did the forced personality inversions in demons who didn't want to fight properly. Although forced personality inversions for demons who refuse to fight never really came up again after Kolulu. And he blasted the hell out of Zeon daily and is the entire reason the kid grew up like a starving lion, constantly being whipped any time he got even slightly out of line. Forcing him to train nonstop, never explaining anything, any time Zeon talked back at all after being abused he just blasted him again, the flashback makes it kinda obvious why Zeon was fucked up as a child. Zeon also confirmed the king did some of the fucked up shit in the contest on purpose.

>BEING A SHIT ADAPTION IN GENERAL
hey, it was decent

the only way this could work if its set in the future
the next demon tournament set 1000 years after

Demons are already beings from a different dimension/realm but please, no “it was aliens along.”

>hopes
Maybe Kiyo and other humans gets isekai'd into the demon world instead of the demons coming to them.
>expectations
I don't know. Maybe a new tournament with new characters.
>Fear
Boruto Bell

Attached: tio.png (341x722, 118.38K)

>They said the demon king was the one who did the forced personality inversions in demons who didn't want to fight properly.
really? I just thought that was a side effect of the book. I thought Clear Note had that problem too.

I honestly thought at first that the winner of the previous war was still the king during Gash and Zeon's time.

it was subpar even before it diverged from the manga's plot and unacceptable after

He was. And was their dad

>it was subpar even before it diverged from the manga's plot
again, it wasn't a 10/10 adaption but it was decent
youtube.com/watch?v=5Qegkwkq-4A

The songs were nice

Not to be an apologist for King Bell but we only see him blast Zeon once, and that was because he mentioned Gash, who needed to stay a secret.