I'm watching Ufotable's Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower (2017)...

I'm watching Ufotable's Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel I. presage flower (2017). What do you think about said anime film?

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-02-26-XXh11m55s182.png (1920x1080, 349.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fatestaynight.vnovel.org/fate/3rd-day/2#page122
lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update 24/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st and 2nd film are great especially in terms of direction. 3rd film is good, but doesn't do as great of a job at adapting Shirou and Sakura's inner dialogues into the art direction.
Consequently there are parts during key moments which lose some impact or may be slightly confusing if you're not familiar with the source material.
I'd give the first 2 parts an A- and the last film a B

Shitty Saber vs Berserker and awful Lancer vs Assassin, i pray one day Ufotable will stop jerking off to overanimated fights with shitty choreography and actually adapt the source material. Oh, but the 3rd movie gets worse. A lot worse. Second one has a few good scenes though.

The anime-original content does a great job making Shirou and Sakura's romance more believable and it's the best addition to the trilogy.

I watched it and didn't understand anything that happened and couldn't really follow the action.

Same

It’s intentional, HF is a mystery. The second and third movie clear things up.

Disgusting lack of Illya throughout all three films, and cutting out her song makes the trilogy certifiable trash.
I also think it’s difficult for animeonlies to understand what’s going on. I know at least that in the third film none of the animeonlies seemed to understand why Kirei survived Assassin’s NP.

>and cutting out her song
It was never good, and nobody in their right mind wants to suffer listening to an annoying loli voice singing in broken German. I never got the fascination with that scene in the VN and frankly a lot of the stuff with Illya was annoying. It really felt like leftovers from a scrapped Illya route.

bad adaptation of source material but standard Ufotable production value that will provide entertainment

It’s obvious why he survived if you watched Zero.

fatestaynight.vnovel.org/fate/3rd-day/2#page122
lparchive.org/Fatestay-night/Update 24/
>"Heh, so that just means it's useless to obtain the Holy Grail without settling matches with the other Masters.
>The Master who obtained the Holy Grail first in the last war was just a chicken. He just ran away from the Holy Grail, saying that he didn't want to fight other Masters."
>So saying, Tohsaka looks away from Kotomine.
>"―――No way."
>Does that mean Kotomine was one of the Masters in the last war, and that he retired because he refused to fight in spite of obtaining the Holy Grail…!?
>"…Kotomine. You didn't fight?"
> "I did until halfway. But I made a bad decision. As a result, I only obtained an empty Holy Grail.
> Well, I guess that was my limit anyway. Because the other Masters were all monstrous. I lost my Servant first and was taken under my father's protection. [...]"

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-02-26-XXh32m31s839.png (1920x1080, 1.62M)

Less offensive movie of the trilogy but still a bland adaptation lf the vn with a lot of weird decisions (adding pointless fight scenes, the Saber Alter apparition at the end) and uneven pacing.

I didn't like 1 and 2. They are very lifeless adaptations because the director is a waifufag who decided to sideline everyone but his waifu.
I found HF3 the least bad one, but it had problem with the climax making it shitty as well.

I always liked how the depicted scenes mirrored at first.

Attached: Fate stay night Unlimited Blade Works TV Episode 05 Minute 08 05 Fate stay night Heaven's Feel I. presage flower Minute 00 53 47.jpg (3840x2160, 3.05M)

Best and canon route.

You better watch the other 2 first though.

Still you won't be ready for the truth. Enjoy

Attached: Fate-stay-night-Heavens-Feel-Visual-1.jpg (1050x1483, 322.16K)

It's garbage like the other movies
sudou ruined hf

Imagine missing the point this hard.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-02-26-XXh31m17s952.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

It's a shame this movie cut so much of Illya's scenes here since it's the best time to set up their relationship. You could also have an interesting visual scene of Shirou having his mind be placed inside Illya's mansion and the maids talking about the dress of heaven.

She wasn't even part of the dream in the VN.

Zero and UBW were better.

Zero and Heaven's Feel make the canon

The pacing is fairly good and does a decent job with the source material. I found Sakura insufferable in the VN, and the middle part very dull. Both issues are much improved.

Attached: 1556050078567.png (500x1400, 301.08K)

you just have poor taste

Hana no uta is the only good hint to come out of it. Even then I Beg You and Haru wa Yuku were better

Of the HF movies, the fights I remember liking were
>Archer vs Assassin
>Shirou vs Berserker
>Kirei vs Assassin
But overall the 2nd movie was the strongest and the 3rd movie was the worst by far. Those 2 fights were the only good parts.