Gunbuster

This was such a clusterfuck.

Attached: gunbuster-kv.jpg (600x850, 316.27K)

Why?

Your birth was the result of a cluster fuck

Didnt know if it wanted to be a mecha anime, a highschool one or a crappy love drama.
It's really a pity, the passages in relativistic speeds are kino.

That's part of the charm of it.

It's highly overrated.

I think they knew they wanted to recreate a tennis anime as a mecha

Attached: 1618089400758.png (1432x1080, 1.56M)

Attached: 1645350037873.png (394x394, 111.59K)

It knew exactly what it wanted to be, a parody of mecha and 80s otaku culture taken so far that it becomes a seriously well done /m/ drama. It literally takes every trope of the time (high-school drama, romance melodrama, sports anime) and goes completely over-the-top with it.
GunBuster walks a very fine line between perody and genuine storytelling, but it balances really well.

Attached: adidas mech.webm (640x480, 811.49K)

It wanted to be all of them, and it succeeded.

Me in the yellow.

is a masterpiece and just a few anime have reached sane level.
LONG LIFE TO GAINAX!!

It wanted to be all of those things because the contrast between them contributes to the impact of the more dramatic elements. The excursions into travel at relativistic speeds are so kino because of scenes like Noriko returning to Earth to find that her friend is now a mother, essentially a decade older despite it being such a short experience for Noriko.

I too thought this, but now I realize that it is truly a classic experience that cannot be matched by any other piece of media.

Learn from my example.

Yeah, it was so great when the MC and friend are facing millions of terrible monsters that the action stops for 5 min for the friend to cry over her shitty romance. What a masterpiece

It worked in evangelion, here they dont fit well together

filtered

Attached: dolphins.jpg (1432x722, 123.07K)

If you're an adult, you should be very embarrassed from getting filtered by gunbuster.

>Yeah, it was so great when the MC and friend are facing millions of terrible monsters that the action stops for 5 min for the friend to cry over her shitty romance. What a masterpiece
Yes, deal with it or keep shitposting

Attached: 1639823202862.png (964x578, 75.86K)