What the fuck it was actually good, I thought this was supposed to be some Netflix original garbage...

What the fuck it was actually good, I thought this was supposed to be some Netflix original garbage. Did Any Forums watch this? Should I watch the OVA?

Attached: Devilman Crybaby.jpg (708x1000, 130.98K)

It was awful, though. Yuasa didn't know what he was doing.

>Netflix original
Netflix don't make anime. Or anything.

Actual idiots still think Netflix funds every anime it licenses

Why do retards still think netflix made this

You should read the manga you moron

it was based
but it makes moeshitters seethe

>it was actually good
You're underage
>muh netflix
As evident by your ability to be misled by other dumbasses on an imageboard.
>Did Any Forums watch this
Yeah, and everyone agrees it's shit.
>Watch the OVA
Yes, literally everything else related to Devilman is better than this trash, except the 2004 liveaction film.

Now go back to Any Forums you faggot

Any Forums hated it because it had that one gay devilman, and also that one rapping guy, and it sees both of those as being on the wrong side of the culture war the brave keyboard warriors of Any Forums are embroiled in against the neo-retro hippies

Any Forums isn't Any Forums
Any Forums hated it because it absolutely botched the original story which was already pretty gay

>Any Forums isn't Any Forums
maybe not but Any Forums is among us

>What the fuck it was actually good, I thought this was supposed to be some Netflix original garbage. Did Any Forums watch this? Should I watch the OVA?

Attached: A9ACFB92-3B59-425C-A17E-163149593152.png (630x384, 189.84K)

Attached: 3E9AC2B2-A85F-4D01-B1A4-45EA7361B53E.jpg (2448x3264, 756.35K)

Kill yourself

Kek

I have no context for devilman, I decided to watch crybaby some weeks ago on a whim. That first episode was great and got me interested, but the more it went on the more it lost me. Things got way too nonsensical, like a junji ito story, except taking itself way too seriously. Like they tried to cram into 12 episodes something that was originally intended to be 20 eps long? Or they got too fixated on some plot points and resolved them in the dumbest way they could?

I don't know what else to say about it, I found it disappointing considering how Any Forums wouldn't shut up about it when it originally aired.

Devilman Crybaby made me lose hope on professional anime critics. In the past at least you could rely on them for general recs and stuff even if you disagree with their assessment, but not anymore. There's only like one blogger who talks a lot about niche experimental projects or the classics but that's it.

>

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 4.04.51 AM.png (1318x864, 1.35M)

It was only 10 episodes. I don't think the length was the problem, more that Yuasa reinterpreted basically everything and it made everything even more stupid. I do like some of the stuff it does though. The entire Akira vs Satan fight is skipped in the manga and I thought what they did in Crybaby with that was cool. I also liked the addition of the track elements. But it strays too far from the manga for me, the worst part probably being Miki's character. She's basically a completely different character in Crybaby. I don't have the manga in my mind enough to give too much accurate criticism though.

It kind of seemed like Yuasa was trying to clean up the story in the sense that he wanted to minimize the cheese but a lot of the stuff he added or changed wasn't really any better. If it was more serious it was somehow less coherent.

I didn't quite hate it, but anything good in it is just what's leftover of the manga. Every single change is for the worse, and the new characters and sub plots are easily the worst part. I can't forgive it skipped the whole weaponized devilmans part, or how it ruined the ending both in plot and visual.

No, the original manga's second half is rushed and nonsensical as well.

>The entire Akira vs Satan fight is skipped in the manga and I thought what they did in Crybaby with that was cool.

The fight was better skipped though. We just got a basic anime throw down and it spoils the twist that Akira loses. The manga leaving everything vague punctuated the message of the manga while Crybaby was OMG EPIC so retards can add it to hype lists. It's not supposed to be hype. It's supposed to be empty hallow and depressing.

I strongly don't think what Yuasa was going for was coherency. At least not from the big devilmen exposure in the race onwards, there he was definitely going for an overwhelming kind of incoherence to reflect how quickly Akira ceases to be "on top of the situation" in any way shape or form

Or maybe he just didn't know what he was doing. Should've been obvious with his past failed works.