Harem ends

When are they okay? When are they not okay? When should they happen but don't happen? How do we develop one properly?

Attached: 1645847780771[1].jpg (2160x810, 650.49K)

>When are they okay?
>When are they not okay?
This just is a matter of if it is in character for the cast or not.
>When should they happen but don't happen?
There are times when none of the cast seems horribly monogamous, but you can tell the editor or someone wanted to status quo or leave it open-ended rather than pick one.
>How do we develop one properly?
Some of the harem I have read recently does an okay, but comedic job of it. I think making sure your characters hit the right balance of casual enough to be okay with it but also level-headed enough to take on the challenges that come with a household like that in the future is important. Outside that I think something that applies to all romance genre is I think mangaka need to do more to make why characters like each other believable, one moment under the setting sun and watching a girl put her hair behind her ear isn't really compelling on its own.

Attached: x12.png (1664x1200, 1.01M)

Harems make sense when the crazy women surrounding the protagonist are already pretty much married to him, It would be more sense to make it a official harem instead of going full monogamy-fag and telling the others to go fuck themselves. The girls would end up forming some tribal-like family system to help support each-other if they get along well enough anyways.

Attached: SnA.png (1016x716, 335.7K)

Do shinto priests have high salaries?

What the fuck? I dropped this series long ago but does he actually bang both of them and has a separate family with each or are these just some what-ifs?

two different endings

>When are they okay?
In a slice of life romcom. Example: Kanojo x Kanojo. 100 Kanojo. To-Love-Ru. Yuragi-sou.
>When are they not okay?
In a slightly more serious romcom example: Nisekoi. 5toubun. Kaminomi.
Yuragi-sou
>How do we develop one properly?
Pick a lane. Do you want it to be lighthearted or heavy? From there, just follow the path.

why do you even post this op? it's not even a 3p ending.

>first bokuben
>now this
Are multiple endings gonna become a staple in romcoms? On the one hand it’s nice how all fans get to see their favourite win the MC-bowl but at the same time it feels the author just pussied out of picking a real winner

Whenever there is a harem. If you don't want a harem end, then don't fucking write a harem to begin with.

Sayonara zetsubou sensei had a nice twist on the harem ending.

It's more a problem of writing than just Harem ending being okay.
Those endings are easier to pull off when the manga doesn't take itself seriously to being with, but that doesn't mean a manga that take itself seriously cannot try.
In trust it doesn't matter that much, it's already a success if someone enjoy it, harem ending or not.

>he can't just enjoy cute girls and has to see every girl on screen defiled by his self inserting shitty mc
cuck

Never okay

Honestly if you don't have the balls to deliver a harem ending don't a harem series to begin with.

Then just watch some CGDCT for that. Not a harem series.

no I am not a feminist I like seeing girls interact with men from time to time in my anime and manga

Should never be okay to do unless it's comedy. Polygamy is illegal in Japan.

Attached: 1606072992877.jpg (1412x1032, 301.92K)

Even in that case, you don't watch a harem series. You watch something that isn't a harem. Kenja no Mago is an example of how to go about writing a non-harem.

Nothing wrong with polygamy if the setting allows for it.

So not set in Japan? And often in real life polygamy it's a middle aged guy who already have a wife and maybe kids and then he looks for a younger second wife. Totally not a harem situation.