How did SnK go from being an amazing manga to one of the biggest disappointments in manga?

How did SnK go from being an amazing manga to one of the biggest disappointments in manga?

Attached: 100.png (1810x1300, 1.41M)

It was a piece of shit the moment Eren came back to life at the start. That was the biggest red flag that the writer was going to pull bullshit out of his ass and somehow you retards didn't notice.

SnK was always an empty bowl of hype that never could follow up on its promise. Once Isayama had to wrap things up, his hands started to become sweaty. The entire story got retroactively rendered pointless

I'm not as cynical as others. I accept the avengers arc. I don't know what type subversion would be worth replacing it for. Eren's scene crying over Mikasa was also fine. It exists to humanize Eren.

My real problem with the ending is Eren's apologizing and the "I planned it all along, commanding the titan to eat my mom" cliche bullshit. It sours both the foundation of his character and his actions post Marley.

Exactly at chapter 124, it became wonky with them reviving the author's pet instead of the logical choice but it had it's moments, provided you though Eren actually had a plan

It's been a year, get over it already. Are you going to keep complaining about the ending until you die? Did you suck Isayama's dick that much?

Should have ended after the ocean scene, but as is with many such cases, the author becomes greedy and artificially tries to expand on the story beyond its scope. In this case, it went for a generic ww1 allegory with some of the blandest characters I've had the displeasure to follow.

O MY NERVOUS SYSTEM CONSCIOUSNESS SHIFTING

>My real problem with the ending is Eren's apologizing and the "I planned it all along, commanding the titan to eat my mom" cliche bullshit. It sours both the foundation of his character and his actions post Marley.
Do you think it would've been better if Eren had gone mad and unstoppable to protect his friends or something?

>he thinks the MC was going to die

It had a lot of questionable moments after the timeskip (Levi being stupid, Eren betting all in the Survey Corps coming to rescue him, smashing a country's leader in front of others, etc) but the worse part by a lot began immediately after The Rumbling. If you go as far as killing 80% of the outside worl, you just kill them all, period.

Isayama should have just taken a break after the ocean, get some advisor to help him on CHARACTER CONSISTENCY (seriously half the cast feel like different character for little reason) and WORLDBUILDING (that's actually important, you don't bring up a new setting just to destroy it) and ACTUALLY SET OUT A PLOT because that's what post timeskip lacks, it feels like 2-3 disjointed plot thread smashed together

You know THAT page, I don't even nees to post it.

>amazing
It was okay, and it ended (relatively) okay

Edgy survival manga with a red herring MC that gets killed off early on isn't exactly a rare thing. SnK would have been better if it stuck with that instead of going on to become the mess that it is now.

>The Rumbling. If you go as far as killing 80% of the outside worl, you just kill them all, period.
this, it just become a way more supid version of the simple demonstration of strenght everyone fucking screamed in his ear from the start, and it still ends with paradis destroyed

I'm the only one that was disappointed with the outside of the wall being simply a slight reshaking of our world?

not like he had any meaningful development or personality before an even after that

No you’re not
There are some potentially interesting ideas. Like the concept of Marley (a declining segregationist superpower born out of the ashes of the eldian empire), but the aesthetics were fucking lazy and it quickly became clear the outsideworld existed only for eren to destroy

>How did SnK go from being an amazing manga to one of the biggest disappointments in manga?
You grew up. It was trash from the start, you just didn't notice it at the time.

Eren carried the manga hard, his early death would only mean that Armin would take up the role of MC

I always had a hard time getting into the atmosphere of the timeskip when the setting changed to Marley and its inhabitants. I always figured the series would end with the main group as a family after reaching their goal but at some point everything became too convoluted and the fate of the world riding on the MC's shoulders was an approach I felt the story would never lead up to.

It was never good and shitren is a horrible mc