Is Touhou an anime?

Is Touhou an anime?

Attached: Memorys2snap2.png (1024x576, 788.38K)

It has a anmade Anime but no official one. It does have a few official Manga though.

episode 4 fucking when?

Attached: summer days dream.png (990x565, 790.44K)

As soon as you get off your ass and make it user.

Why is ZUN so afraid of the characters having voices? We could have had so much licensed touhou anime by now.

does their gacha game have voices?

Several for each girl

>better animation than most 2020++ anime
>famous VA
What in the holy fuck?

i always thought it was strange how Touhou is extremely popular in asia, tons of games (even flash games), huge doujinshis market, etc..., yet there's no real anime or anything, just HOW ?
i haven't played the games or anything, even read the manga, only read some doujins yet i know some of the characters names and gimmicks.

Attached: Touhou 5.png (467x1125, 420.29K)

3 for each Character

Afaik ZUN believes that an anime is too "official" for a doujin series like touhou. Afterall you need a studio and a budget for an anime. Compare that to the manga, ZUN writes the script, and he gives it to a small time artist he is cooperating with. Then he inspects the work of the artist and ships it off to whatever magazine it's being published in. This has been the case for all the touhou manga, which have all been monthly.
There are some signs that ZUN has stopped goving a shit and might allow an anime, some people believe that him giving the okay for the gacha games is the first step to selling out but I don't think so. There's a certain set of guidelines you need to abide by to make a monetized touhou doujin work, so if the gachas abide by them then they should get the greenlight.

oh shit, i looked it up and it's actually out. looks like i have something to watch this evening

Attached: Untitled.png (438x620, 704.24K)

Yes.

Attached: Touhou by UFOTABLE.jpg (2540x1752, 1.73M)

b8

It's very famous in Japan user

I think it's already out.

Cute flantoko

I miss the old moe ufotable art

just watched it. pretty good but they're leaning a bit heavy on the adobe after effects.

Attached: i came here to kick ass and fuck alice.png (1435x1078, 1.55M)

And now you need to wait X more years for the rest..

that's fine. i know people like to gawk at the VA's, but what i find most shocking is how well directed and presented this show is for a Doujin. a lot of the art direction and composition it is genuinely better than most professional stuff, despite being done, apparently, by a complete amateur.

Attached: summer days dream.png (1911x1072, 2.85M)

How many years has it been since the first episode? More than ten, right?
I hope that hiring super-ultra stars VAs is not one of the reasons of why they need too much time to release a single episode. They could easily release a mute episode and let the fans do their voice acting, just like MoP (Memories of Phantasm).