Do people really pretend 70s anime was genuinely good and not amateurish just to seperate themselves from the crowd?

Do people really pretend 70s anime was genuinely good and not amateurish just to seperate themselves from the crowd?

Attached: 1476666202664.jpg (844x632, 34K)

The only 70s anime people praise are Joe, Yamato and Future Boy Conan.

Why does this post read like someone who only follows Shonen Jump shit

>The founder fathers of modern anime are mediocre.
Ok retard

4 of my top 20 are 70s anime.

>implying

Attached: 1436850958730.gif (480x420, 315.58K)

Conan sucks. It'd go so far to say its the 3rd worst 70s TV anime I've seen.

I prefer the Joe manga.
Still Miyazaki's best.

Attached: Art+of+Future+Boy+Conan+F+-+3.jpg (1000x1238, 226.66K)

>Japanese people

>amateur = bad
you're gonna have to get better b8
Conan was decent and the characters were all great except for mosley. it only falls off with the island arc

Attached: MV5BODM1ZWQ1NTgtMTY0Ni00Mzk3LTgzZjEtZTQyY2IzODE1NDZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1410, 160.64K)

The Joe anime is better done than most modern anime considered good. The direction and music usage and voice acting, it's all superb, the pacing never drags but is comfy down there in the slumps when they're not fighting, it gets fluid enough when it matters and the visuals are the definition of impactful with the painted illustrations

It says a lot that a whole decade of anime was trashed and the only one people defend is Joe. One anime for a whole decade

Gundam is good too. I don't expect plebs on Any Forums to agree with me though.

Attached: GundamAmuroChar.jpg (960x720, 307.2K)

I loved when the need to sell toys dictated the plot for the 20th time in a row.

Sorry amoro you can't use the laser gun, you have to use the Gundam hammer so kids will buy it, we'll spend 1/4th of the episode setting this up

>show made to sell toys bad
>show made to advertise manga (Lupin and Joe) good

>Movie made to sell action figures bad
>Movie based on a book good

Unironically yeah. The need to push toys directly affects the writing quality of the show whereas the latter doesn't.

>affects the writing quality
You mean "requires episodic storytelling", which, as a plotfag, you hate. Not to mention your stupid example of the Gundam hammer which was only used twice in 43 episodes and probably for a total of 5 minutes, if that. The rest of the time was using the beam rifle and beam swords with some hand to hand.

it was

Attached: zambotears.jpg (500x375, 23.52K)

70s anime is too mainstream nowadays.
Go for 60s anime if you want to be hip.

What about Golden Bat, Rose of Versailles, Chargeman Ken, Zambot 3, and 0079 Gundam?