Re:Zero

Do people really not understand Subaru's character in 2022? Jesus fucking christ.

No. Fuck you. Retard. Subaru's whole fucking thing is looking for something to validate himself, whether through "Emilia's Knight" or "Rem's Hero". This is literally the whole point of the story really, Subaru, finding something to live (and die) for. His whole life in the real world was in his father's shadow, nothing he did was his, always attributed to his superchad father's genes. But in the other world nobody knew Subaru, Emilia's words "thank you for saving me" is the cause of his obsession with her. He could finally be "Natsuki Subaru". It didn't really work out between him and Emilia, because he was never looking at her but at his own delusion of who she is.

Then he found a different source of validation, the words "You're my Hero Subaru-kun". You should know how important that is. And if you don't you should just give up.

Rem's whole deal is similar. Living in her sister's shadow and then the shadow of her imaginary sister of what Ram "could have" been. An accessory to Ram, never her own item. Subaru was what changed that. Rem wants to feel needed, to be useful, and Subaru was exactly that. Subaru needs Rem. That is where she gets her validation.

>To begin with, Rem was well aware of her strong personal desire to have things to herself. If at all possible, she wanted everyone precious to her to be right at her fingertips. Doing her utmost for others helped her feel the worth of her existence deep down. It was no exaggeration to say that she was born predisposed to be a maid.

>That was why the effort required to care for Subaru in this state was not really a hardship from her perspective. Indeed, she would feel fulfilled if Subaru was unable to live day to day without her.

Volume 5 Chapter 4

I'm wonder what the FUCK do you think Subaru's whole deal is? And Rem's? Fucking dogshit take you probably have. Fucking retard.

Attached: EoQhup8U0AEAyor.jpg (1280x720, 90.14K)

To continue this. Subaru's whole deal is repeated in Arc 6, instead of his father's shadow it's the shadow of the Natsuki Subaru that came before him.

Like what the fuck do you think Subaru's character is?

Attached: 87065568_p0.jpg (1202x1700, 829.92K)

I love Rem!!

Attached: Rem (1527).jpg (2000x4082, 1.36M)

>Isn't that pretty self-explanatory?
My IQ doesnt exceed 120, so no
>Maybe because she genuinely likes Subaru, she'd prefer him not thinking his life is dispensable.
If so, then thats pretty nice for a sociopath, even if she helped in the worst way possible.
Maybe her witch genes is responsible for making her propose a contract. That might explain why she pushed Subaru away.
Then again, its more likely she isnt influenced by anything, & is doing this to setup her future plans.......

oh, now im rambling...

>people not understanding Subaru’s character on Any Forums
Many such cases

tl;dr

Shut up Subaru, concentrate on how you'll handle Slutella to not destroy Chaosflame.

Subaru and Rem are mirrors of each other, they have the same basic complex of needing external validation for their self esteem.

Attached: x11.png (835x1200, 503.76K)

Sure thing user, whatever you say

Attached: 1621775239861.jpg (2030x4096, 842.77K)

This psycho Oni is so cute!

Attached: Rem (2136).jpg (3000x2400, 664.07K)

It's still a shit story.

>nigger made a new thread just to reply to a comment
holy shit, schizo-kun! take your meds

Not that user, and I wouldn't give you a 'retard crown' or anything, but I have to disagree with the post they were criticising.
Subaru mirrors multiple characters. That's kind of a running gag of the series. Every major character shares some of Subaru's damage.
Rem shares Subaru's hopeless desire to live up to someone's example (Nee-sama for Rem, and like you said, Subaru's entire complex about how 'he really is his son'.)
Early Emilia's essentially an inverted version of his fear of being lacking. Instead of hiding away in her room, feeling sorry for herself, Emilia hides away in her room or under her magic cloak, preparing for becoming queen. She thinks she's good enough for the world, she just doesn't want to be confrontational about it, where Subaru thinks he's not good enough for the world, but starts out acting very self-assure and confrontational in spite of it.
Betty's literally a shut in neet who wants someone to drag her out, and it's all because she can't get free of her parent figure's influence.
Even Garfiel's got mommy issues that show themselves in him never wanting to leave his home.

A large portion of the cast in Re:Zero is defined by insecurity and wanting to live up to someone or something. This even includes characters like Felix, Julius and Wilhelm, though it's much less in your face about it in those cases.
That's why they all end up respecting Subaru.
Since he's the last person who should be able to do the things he does, but he does them anyway. He examplifies the kind of drive they want or need. The kind of drive that is their way to achieve what they most want themselves.

Attached: Galaxy Quest.png (857x1200, 1.09M)

At least its a real discussion. Go back to your meme filled shonen threads if you don't like it.

>Slutella to not destroy Chaosflame.
I'm about 75% confident it will be a failed loop.

Attached: Subaru speechless.jpg (427x427, 35.79K)

Walking to school with my sweetheart, Rem!

Attached: 365FEA8E-D0C7-417D-99D2-9525C4EE0D15.jpg (850x1332, 520.4K)

The problem has never been Subaru's motivations. The problem is that he's an insufferable retard who just isn't enjoyable to experience the story through.

Attached: 395711d3eb6e60039576b05fc250fc75.gif (500x210, 1.07M)

Don't care, didn't read. Plus ReZero sucks, just like Subaru.

>Don't care, but I'll comment anyways

Subaru's character should be the ae as mine, Tappei is writing him wrong.

What do you envision?

>Do people really not understand Subaru's character in 2022?
I do, and it's fucking awful just like the rest of Re:Zero. It might be ok for isekai standards, but it is a joke when compared to all the storytelling the world has to offer.