How do you guys decide what to rate a series out of 10? What factors do you value the most (Sound, animation, plot...

How do you guys decide what to rate a series out of 10? What factors do you value the most (Sound, animation, plot, characters etc.)

Attached: 5NcQxId8_400x400.jpg (400x400, 36.08K)

I don't I have seem 1000 anime and never rated a series out of 10. I'd probably give DBZ a 10/10 though

Every series I like is a 10/10, every series I don't like is a 1/10

The emotion I felt during it. How interested I was as I watched it. How much it remained on my mind afterwards.
I’d say the highest 10 or most true 10 for me is Eva.
Dragon ball doesn’t even deserve to be muddy shit on my show. It was boring, repetitive and a chore in all respects to watch. And that was when I was a kid, so the most impressionable towards it

I don't quantify the things I watch, I simply rate by intuition.

Rating seiries on scale to 10 is for niggers who never managed to count past their fingers

Why would I rate a series out of 10

is rating out of 100 more smarter?

If I feel it should be a 10 I rate it 10. Basically thisIn a personal rating, trying to create some sort of system or method seems counter productive.

Attached: Capture.png (719x133, 12.76K)

It's the general standard for rating any type of media. That or "5 stars"

At my motivation to watch the next episode

>rating anime
go back retard

It's generally how much I enjoy it, but I also value other things, I try to not be completely subjective.

On shit like MAL I just shitpost, though, and I rate some Doraemon movies or Love Live series as 10 out of 10

The factors I value the most depends on the show and how important they are for it's enjoyement. You kind of sound autistic OP.

I use the whole scale and while I rarely ever rate anything better than 8 I don't like the "nothing is perfect, if you rate 10/10 you are cringe" attitude. It's surely right, but I am rating my enjoyment, I am not a critic.

So basically 1-4 is fucking trash and the number depends on how aggressively trashy it is. 5 I rate a lot, it's just the generic shit seasons are filled with. Most isekai and uninspired run-of-the-mill LNs, harems and the likes are 5/10s. Usually gets dropped. 6/10 is "fine". It's the type of show okay enough to watch but that I forget seconds after closing the video, only to be reminded of it when Taiga tells me there is a new episode to watch.

7/10 is good. Just good, noting more. 8/10 must be good AND original in some way. It's series I will remember even years later. Stuff I recommend. 9/10 barely exists but it's series that are very good/great and original AND well animated + having great music and everything. One of these can miss (like great animation for example) but then the plot has to be mindblowing to make up for it.

10/10 are the same as 8/10 and 9/10 to me, the only difference is that the 10/10 are the series I am emotionally attached to. It's the stuff I become a legit fan of. Stuff I discuss for a long time, save all fanart of, draw fanart for, read about and so on.

My idea is that if you have a rating scale, you need to measure it in objective ways. So, either by using an external outline, or your own values, you rate various criteria like animation on a scale, with points and then tally them to reach a number out of 10. Of course, /10 ratings aren't necessary, but that's my thought process on that subject.

I've only seen 9 anime, so that's the max score I can give. 9/9
Eva is 1/9, by the way.

It's simple user.
>Did I have fun watching it?
>Yes [ ]
>No [ ]

While I don't use a literal number scale I suppose how I feel about a show comes down to what it's able to accomplish, and how strongly I feel about it.

Like, Evangelion probably comes closest to a 10/10 for me due to it's character work, and it's serious take on loneliness and introspection, but so does JoJo for it's technical mastery (Music, colors, design) and it's unique style.

Symphogear gets up there too, despite not doing those things (outside of it's music maybe) and being more or less inferior to those two. It instead punches far above it's weight class, remains so consistently decent in so many aspects, means so much to me, has such a unique charm to it, and has so much passion behind it, I can't help but rank it highly. I spent plenty of time watching seasonal stuff, and I've been able to recognize the good in the bad, and the bad in the good. With all this experience, I've been able to deem Symphogear the best "forgettable budget show" I've ever enjoyed.

However, contrasting that to something like the Fate franchise, which despite looking great, punching hard in it's weight class, and having a story I was definitely invested in, Fate doesn't make it all the way up there because I just wasn't able to latch on to it as much as I wanted to. Gundam's in the same boat. I've seen the thing, I know what's interesting about it, why it's so iconic, what parts I cared for, and though the ending of CCA made me tear up, it simply didn't hit me as hard as I wanted it to as a whole.

Attached: 39d6fb711a2d8204418c54d8276f102d--neon-genesis-evangelion-cute-kids.jpg (500x700, 66.15K)

>My idea is that if you have a rating scale, you need to measure it in objective ways
yep, autism

It's the only meaningful way that doesn't involve arbitrarily giving shows passes for things that you wouldn't do for others