Feels like we skipped several arcs. Was the author sick or something?

Feels like we skipped several arcs. Was the author sick or something?

Attached: El4OClPXUAIoYjF.png (580x580, 191.27K)

>What do you mean you don’t want to write your story for fifteen years, wagie???

You did skip several arcs. You skipped from the second arc to the final arc. And somehow the manga was praised for this godawful pacing because people are too ADHD to sit through a typical-length battle manga.

>a typical-length battle manga.
500+ chapter is not the typical shounen length.

The pacing got wonky around Swordsmith Village arc, and even that wasn't too bad until Infinity Castle.

The Upper Moons were hyped all manga and they all basically died in a single night.

true gotouge shouldve introduced upperer moons

you're so mindbroken that you expect battle shounens to go on for 500+ chapters, four movies, and three spin off series

i dont think any of the UM fights were underwhelming, even Kaigaku was great for me. sucks that all the Lower Moons were killed off and we barely got to see of them outside of the Rengoku spin off

anything over 30 volumes is a moneygrab that doesn't value its readers' time investment.

Attached: execution.jpg (696x464, 109.37K)

...i mean its refreshing to have a fast paced shonen for once.. we get the opposite already constantly with never ending shit that just becomes a drag...

70+ volumes is not a typical length battle manga. Fucking Dragon Ball was abnormally long at 42.

>The Upper Moons were hyped all manga and they all basically died in a single night.

Uh, so did the heroes.
They delivered on the hype, simple as.

Attached: lookingatthemoons.jpg (1800x1296, 381.38K)

great manga, really liked it. Straight to the point. Author isn't a spineless fag or a greedy talentless motherfucker like others.

>they all basically died in a single night.
you mean to tell me a group of legendary enemies went down in less than 12 hours?
sounds awesome and eventful.

Attached: 12 Houses of the Sanctuary.png (1000x789, 560.88K)

I wouldn't say they were underwhelming ,but it is anticlimatic that demons that had decades to feed and train basically all died in a single night. I mean I knew something was off when in the very next arc 2 Upper moons died.

Damo should have gotten his own dedicated arc. There should be longer time skips and each of the Hashiras and tsugoku (or whatever) should have gotten an arc. Like an arc with Tanjirou doing something with Kanao, Shinobu and whoever ( good time to kill of Shinobu, and then have the poison take affect after a time skip since Damo never really gets chances to actually fight someone strong), an arc with Mitsuri and the Snake dude, maybe a year or two passes in between each arc and maybe a 5-10 year time skip in for the final arc.

I don't like drag but it's very anticlimatic if they were hyped as being around for decades.

They should at least have had an arc to themselves. Maybe not each, but Damo definitely deserved one.

Muzan also seems incredibly underwhelming after everything that came before. Sure he was debuffed but it feels like he should have not died in his literal first real fight.

"Defeat all the bosses inside the Dungeon" remains unsurpassed as the formula for a great shonen arc.

Attached: burning their lives away.png (1511x953, 2.31M)

What a garbage series for braindead normalfags.This belongs in the

>and then have the poison take affect after a time skip

.....???

Attached: hohh.png (214x254, 48.9K)

This is what Bleach and Naruto rot does to your brain, these subhumans just want more regardless if it is shit or not

>but it is anticlimatic that demons that had decades to feed and train basically all died in a single night.

This is literal "wordbuilding autism", as you instinctively feel there's something "weird" about situations that have lasted for a long time changing too quickly.
Yet, burning down a city or a castle that took years to build can really be done in one night.

A decisive final battle is climatic by nature.
There's nothing anticlimatic about both sides throwing everything they have at each other in a single event.

If anything, Infinity Castle escaped the narrative trap that undermined Naruto's Ninja War Arc, which came way too late in the story, when most of the best enemies had already been defeated, and had to be brought back as zombies that didn't retain even an ounce of their previous charisma or threatening aura.
There was absolutely no reason for the likes of Kisame, Konan or Kakuzu to drop like flies before the final battle. Following this same logic, Infinity Castle would have been much less impactful if it was just Muzan and Koku hanging out with Nakime in a largely empty fortress.

Attached: top 3 moons.jpg (3910x2440, 885.42K)

The poison weakens him over the course of a few years and he doesn't notice it because he rarely fights people who can actually put up a fight.

In his dedicated arc he has some Low moon level demons for Kanao and Tanjirou and maybe one other person to fight. He fights Shinobu one on one. Tanjirou and co. beat their fights and go to help reinforce Shinobu, walk in on Damo eating Shinobu. Damo toys with them for a bit and then leaves for some reason. Kanao says something laong the lines of "I swear Tanjirou, the next time we meet that demon will be the last. Shinobu bet her life on it."

During Final arc (Which takes place 5-10 years later and everyone is Hashira level now)
Kanao and Inosuke fights him. He says some shit like "Ahh you've gotten stronger" but then realizes "Hang on, I feel like I should be dogging these. Bring up the poison that has been slowly killings him for years. Loses.

Infinitely more digestible I think. How it happened in the manga is contrived as all hell.

Kimetsu takes place in the last year of a war that has lasted 1000 years. The good guys take 2 great victories and then in all comes down in a final boss rush. You could argue that some things needed a little bit more of time and the whole 4 effects drug is dumb but everything else is good. Nobody wants to see the same formula over and over again for hundreds of chapters. A Douma arc would've been the same as the RLD and it wouldn't even be a proper infiltration since Douma doesn't hide his demon traits.

I mean user, bleach and naruto were clearly written by the seats of their pants. heck, bleach is largely reactive and each arc can mostly be considered self contained.

yeah they could have spaced it out a bit more.

>every character design is morphologically identical

Unbearable.

If we got the usual Shounen schedule, the LMs would have all had their own arcs, and the UP would have been split into multiple arcs too.

>Yet, burning down a city or a castle that took years to build can really be done in one night.
But plenty of wars have taken years to undergo though.

>There's nothing anticlimatic about both sides throwing everything they have at each other in a single event.
They literally had no plan though. They specifically said that droves of hashira died to the upper moons and yet a handful of them managed to kill the most of the powerful of them in just a few hours?

>Infinity Castle would have been much less impactful if it was just Muzan and Koku hanging out with Nakime in a largely empty fortress.
There'd be better ways to do it than that though. It's crazy akaza didn't get an arc dedicated to him . Maybe having him become a mole after learning that Muzan was the one who poisoned his dojo's well. Then use him as a way to learn about the Infinity Castle.

The manga got the axe so the ending was rushed.

the characters in a chibi promotional poster look identical?! no way

the "Douma has minions" part would not bother me, as a few more fun fights are always a welcome addition. However, I disagree about the "poison killing him for years being more digestible" part.

It works in the version we got because Douma was caught offguard by the effects and everything happened very fast.
A poison laying dormant for years is not something outside the realm of shonen broscience, but it would make Douma's biological defenses look much less impressive, since a big deal was made of the fact that he could digest the poison if he had a few minutes to recollect himself.

Also, I would hate a timeskip that long because of the simple fact I have never seen a battle shonen improve after doing it, while the opposite has been an unfortunate constant for Jump titles.

Attached: worst boy.jpg (1402x2000, 776.48K)

The author was a woman, terrible sickness, and yes Inosuke's backstory and everything abaut kaigaku felt especially forced. Uzui and the boomers should have show off or at least die, either to Doma, Koku, traitorous little shit or someone new. Change my mind. Also, Uzui should have left his wives as a parting gift for main trio before dying

Attached: 1644992830392.webm (720x1280, 2.91M)

>Maybe having him become a mole after learning that Muzan was the one who poisoned his dojo's well
That would defeat the whole point of his characters. He hate weak people because they use dirty coward method to win. Muzan certainly wasn't weak or need to poison someone well.
>But plenty of wars have taken years to undergo though.
The point is that this is the end of this war. The war that lasted for 1000 years. This end it end point.
>said that droves of hashira died to the upper moons and yet a handful of them managed to kill the most of the powerful of them in just a few hours?
Most of the older pillars found 1v1 and they are no match. Also this is the strongest generation ever since the first one.

When I hear the word timeskip I reach for my gun.

>Timeskip just to skip over recover time: good
>Timeskip just for new designs: bad
Not a single manga with time skip for new design ever been good.

>but it would make Douma's biological defenses look much less impressive, since a big deal was made of the fact that he could digest the poison if he had a few minutes to recollect himself.
Maybe it doesn't reveal its full affects until Kanao does some move or whatever, and it is slowly weakening him in the background like a tapeworm. Maybe Muzan doesn't notice it because he just thinks it's Dmao slacking off or something.

This is exactly why Saint Seiya sucks, but it is very popular with women so it's likely Gotouge thinks that is the right way to make a battle manga.