Why does Any Forums hate popular things?

Why does Any Forums hate popular things?

Attached: 6e3ead76bed89b9e63a11f02ef90e392.jpg (640x480, 46.24K)

I hate unpopular things too, like you.

Because they bring normal fags in.

Because for years this place has been overrun cynical redditors and twitter tourists that like to shit on everything for many years.

We don't hate popular things. We hate the faggots that they attract to this board.

Attached: 197-1974046_39255562-consider-the-following-anime.png (1144x721, 315.86K)

Why are you so fucking contrarian?

Other way around. Any Forums demonstrably hates unpopular things, because they think if you like something that isn't shonenshit #15639485 or romcompus #157539294, you're pretentious. What you're thinking about is old Any Forums. This is nu-Any Forums.

What was popular back with Any Forums and amine sphere was normalfag-repulsive anime.

Because there is no other place where you can

Why not?

Precisely. Any Forums was niche back then, and actively rejected by mainstream culture, and it did so in return. Now it's the other way around. Any Forums, and Any Forums as a whole, have become mainstream, and reject niche culture. Sure, not as mainstream as other sites, but everyone and their mothers now have at the very least heard of Any Forums and lurked on it once.

You get downvoted out of existence

You know that the plebbit is not the only place to discuss anime, right? But if you hate a show simply because it's popular, then no wonder they downvote you.

Don't pretend like there aren't sub******* that aren't entirely about "secret great anime only I know of, like LOGH." I'm not saying that's what you act like, but there are a number of spaces out there that also don't like popular shit.

Everyone and their mother knew about Any Forums in 2006

There's two main reasons intelligent people hate popular things. The first is that when you actually get deep into any hobby or medium, you will come to realize the popular things are not the best things and you will either become jaded and resentful about it because there is stuff more deserving of popularity or you will become dismissive of it because clearly anything that has to water itself down enough to appeal to a larger audience is never going to be that good. And the second reason is simply that popular things bring the worst people imaginable into the hobby/medium and unless you gatekeep those popular things you will lose everything you love to the most worthless scum on the face of the earth who think they have a place in discussions about stuff they will never be able to appreciate. Virtually everyone who "hates popular things" has some popular things they enjoy, but they are intelligent enough to not make that their identity and they aren't so insecure they have to defend them around other people who don't like those things.

-in the US, yes. Now the whole planet knows about it, at least since 2016.

Attached: 1645184764154.png (381x290, 106.79K)

Don't pretend that you don't also hate popular things too, faggot.

It's my nature to not like anything.

No wonder you're boring.