Overrated

>I'm a Japanese boomer having a midlife crisis because my anime studio phased out faxes and is requiring me to learn to reply an email and that's kinda spooky :the anime
Would fuck naked TV Lain though

Attached: Lain5.jpg (1070x760, 305.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pjnlUc5sq60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol

The lain bait threads are back great

wanna see something sad and lain related? youtube.com/watch?v=pjnlUc5sq60
have fun

What would Any Forums think about Lain if it was released today?

The same thing they think about it now.
>muh pretentiousness
Any Forums seems to be generally offended by anything that isn't a brainless romcom or a copycat shounen.

Well I just watched it and I made this thread
I guess it has more impact in 1998 when only white and japanese nerds had internet and minorities like the shonen spics didn't even know it existed

It's something that was probably contextually impressive back in the day but entirely obvious now. Just "yeah, I know."
Might have been good once upon a time but it's been left behind and isn't saying anything you don't already get. Which is why the people who are really into it are mostly old or nostalgic.

Let's turn OP's trashy bait thread into something worth discussing.

When is the "crypotocurrency scares me" anime coming out?

As someone who didn't see the show back in the day I appreciate it, I was probably the only kid in south America that had internet in 1998 it would had blew my mind back then

C?

post too based for Any Forums

Ehhhh that was more like "open-market fiscal policies scare me".

do retards honestly think the internet was some kool kidz klub back then? I always hear this and it's just a lie by larping oldfags

No, that's the FIAT currency inflation scare anime. Came decades too late, and was hugely conformist about. Still, most people couldn't even catch the meaning, being born already inside its system, as slaves, and convinced that questioning it is "unrealistic" and "antisemitic".

Attached: 666 oy vey I'm gonna preeeeeent.jpg (1280x720, 65.97K)

LOOK MOM
I AM BEING REDUCTIONIST AND INCORRECT AGAIN

Attached: 1618132775131.jpg (704x396, 102.95K)

Not him, and I agree it IS a fucking lie, that shit was nooo sekrit klub that's for fucking sure. We and basically everybody I knew had dial-up connection in 1999 in bumfuck Kuwait. It was so common you could buy dial-up cards in the most dingy of bodegas.

I watched it and honestly thought it was just another real world > internet piece of fiction.

>Still, most people couldn't even catch the meaning, being born already inside its system, as slaves, and convinced that questioning it is "unrealistic" and "antisemitic".
Bullshit. C beat you the fuck over the head with its themes, even an economically illiterate person would at least catch what its getting at overall. It was honestly pretty embarrassing how lacking in subtlety it was.

as a niggerian i can confirm i had internet in my mud hut

And still, how many people you've met got it? I've met maybe one.
Not one single person I met liked it.
Only I liked it. Until I began to disliked it for not offering a third position.
I'm not saying that I'm smart. It's just that people are ignorant about stuff they don't care. Sometimes they fear knowing some things will ostracize them (and it does).

>bumfuck Kuwait
Kuwait is richer than most countries

The government is rich alright, but the country itself has sudan-tier infrastructure and lack of services. Far too much corruption, none of the oil money goes to the countries, it goes to international "charity" (money-laundering) projects and straight into the pockets of the richest merchant families (who are also MPs and Ministers).

>none of the oil money goes to the country*

around 20% of people in Kuwait had internet in 2000 which is around the same percentage as Japan

It's almost like user was talking out of his ass, like usual.
Seriously, it's impossible to browse this site without immersing yourself in a vat of oily virgin irony.

Attached: 1620337082845.jpg (234x241, 20.73K)