The Day I Became a God

Did Jun Maeda deserve getting shit on for making it?

Attached: tdibag.jpg (2560x1920, 325.15K)

Yes. It's astounding. He someone missed the mark of tearjerker so hard that he landed in macabre.

Attached: Barefoot-sama.webm (1024x576, 2.98M)

how does he keep getting away with it

What exactly was the message?

he didnt he quit

love your waifu even if shes retarded

Maybe you should stop believing everything you read on this cesspool.

Visual novel writing doesn't work in anime originals.

Attached: 3erA9j2Y.jpg (4099x5933, 2.01M)

I'm tempted to get a wall scroll of this.

Attached: 1a8df896a99985ae9ae1740411b9b144.jpg (1365x2033, 628.64K)

I hated how none of the characters besides mc reacted to her being braindead besides being positive towards her. None of them lamenting it they all just take it in stride

I'm surprised he somehow got funding to develop an original mobage for 3+ years after this shitshow.

I can't imagine how well the game has to sell to recoup the development and marketing costs.

gachas print money, especially if you have a brand like key behind it, it's not that surprising

>Angel Beats
The anime could be better written and have more episodes to flesh it out but its OK.
>Charlotte
Did Jun Maeda learn nothing from AB?
>The Day I Became a God
Yup, he still learn nothing at all from his failures. Can't believe Charlotte second half is more watchable than this.

I would say yes. Should've stuck with Kishi.

Have they found him, or he is still missing?

That's because most games are developed on the cheap using existing strong IP. HBR was a huge investment from what I understand, so they actually need it to do well as a new IP just to break even.

Didn't Maeda literally reuse scenarios from his other works for this?

I love his works but I couldn't even get past episode 1. That's how fucking bad it was.

It already did amazingly well. You're living in the past.

isn't he co founder of key? dude can write his own paychecks

pictures of vegetables sounds healthy

It has a pretty robust engine, a lot of content already, a lot of bgm and vocal tracks, and every line is voiced, it's one hundred percent a huge production. At the same time there really is no more lucrative way to make a game. With vns you put a lot of this effort into it and you make your line from some set sale period. With gacha as long as you keep scenario coming you can keep making money as if your vn was going on sale every time you start a new campaign. The sale price is low, but there's also no cap unlike your regular vns so the guys who used to buy the regular edition, the limited edition, and a handful of copies of each are now just dropping thousands on the release week. HBR almost topped the sales chart this week, and is projected to make a few billion yen by the end of the month