Death Note

The ending to death note is the worst possible ending they could've went for.
They went for the extremely safe 'evil loses' approach by just having Near asspull every favorable result for himself with no rhyme or reason. Near had NO way to actually know that the notebooks were swapped, and he himself doesn't even explain how he knew he was being had.
Terrible ending to an overall great anime.

Attached: Featured-Image.-Death-Note-10-Saddest-Things-About-Light-Yagami.jpg (2000x1000, 165.2K)

I think the point is that Near was self inserting and thinking 'if I had the death note what would I do with it' and came to the same conclusions Light did, then planned around that. As opposed to Light who assumed he was smarter than everyone else and that nobody could possibly anticipate this contingency plans.

But the whole second half of death note is one stupid thing after another so whatever. light should have been done for like half a dozen times when absolutely nobody else but himself could have been a suspect.

wait until one piece. It will beat even AOT in worst possible endings

Sorry user but this a fantasy, L was as much full of shit as Near was, actually the crime unit was made to look uterrly incompetent so L could look better and even so most of the shit L says had no actual reasoning

>What do you mean we have to get the other 99 pieces?

This. It was never worth taking serious. Once that idol bitch and shinigami in love came in it was a joke.

at least with L i could accept it because there was actual reason behind the deductions that L came up with. Even if a lot of them were forced.
With Near, it was literally "No, I'm actually outplaying YOU" even though there shouldn't be a shadow of a doubt that Light checkmated him.

>OH NO YOU DIDN'T ASSUME I HAD A FOURTH PIECE OF PAPER WITH HINTS HERE DID YOU? EVEN THOUGH I ONLY SHOWED 3 PAPERS! GOTCHA!

NEAR USED THE DEATH NOTE TO CONTROL MIKAMI, WHAT'S UP SHEEPLE

Also with Near. He's presented as an ultra efficient version of L, but he's literally poor man's L in every way. L would run laps around Near, but Near's plot armor is stronger than Erza's

>WHAT? WE HAVE TO CHECK VIDEO FOOTAGE FROM THE STATION, WHAT KIND OF WITCHERY IS THAT? ALSO LET'S IGNORE EVERY SINGLE OTHER CAMERA ON THE CITY TO SEE IF WE COULD SPOT ONE OF THE SUSPECTS ON THEM AND TRY TO TRACE A ROUTE OF THEIR MOVEMENTS

>Mikami not always carrying a real page of the DN
>Light not having any contingency plans for the warehouse meeting. Some bombs, Misa or even armed followers would have saved him

basically the writer was just a normie that believes in state justice above real justice, lame

The manga ending was better

the fact that Light had no back up plan is the most egregious thing here.
You would think that Light, of all people, would play it extremely safe and have a bail out option if something were to go array.
Especially having Mikami carry a verified authentic page out of the notebook at all times.

it still pisses me off to this day, so I only rewatch until L dies.

The Trump one-shot sequel showed the writer doesn't understand even basic economics, since flooding Japan with all that money would cause the biggest hyperinflation in history.

light should have been caught the second the yotsuba corporation kira died, it was stupid how every single person just seemed to ignore how kira conveniently killed the dude the very second the police got their hands on the death note. light kills the dude while HOLDING THE DEATH NOTE and nobody even feels slightly concerned with it. even if the guy's name wasn't in it, you'd think L would have considered that maybe light tore a page out or something while he was distracted. but no, nobody questions why the second kira died suddenly right when he was arrested or even tries considering why it happened, lmao whatever

the One Piece will be friendship and laughter :)

literally

Oda already said it won't be that retardo.

By your logic, a shinigami sacrificing itself for Misa's sake, who had another shinigami friend that was willing to kill herself for either Misa or the memory of the simp-shinigami friend - all of these necessary events that enable Light to kill L - is far more convenient. The opportunities that Misa represented for Light were much bigger asspulls, even if Light ended up using these tools brilliantly.

I think it was inevitable that Light would lose, and I agree that Near's way of winning wasn't satisfying. However, I'm also in the same camp that after L died, the series as a whole became a lot more boring, and it was difficult to slug through to the end.

This show's atmosphere in the first half was pure kino and it turned into a comedy in the end. Biggest wasted potential ever?

No one would ever be caught by using the DN in real life, L was already an asspull

Light's greatest flaw was his pride. He isn't the type of person to consider contingencies for if his plan fails because his plan failing would never occur to him.

BS, remember all those stuff he had set up at his room in S1?

He was so careful that he let Misa and Mikami do the killings in his place.

>My theory is that your son is watching TV, getting the names and killing criminals
>Well... he was eating potatos chips from the glowing potato sack, but aside from that it seems that either he does not need to know their names which makes the whole thing impossible to deduce or your son isn't a suspect at all
>I need to watch your son masturbate more times to make my mind