1999 vs 2011

Which version do you prefer Any Forums? Both are pretty great but I love 1999.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 23.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0TRs6cMZkQY
youtube.com/watch?v=JgGgw_sw8P4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: OyFeMzb.png (500x378, 251.43K)

I like both pretty much equally but I'd recommend 2011 to casuals because the slower pace and old school visuals of 99 filters most normalfags

1999 visuals look so great and soulful but the animation feels a bit janky at times. 2011 is good though, Madhouse did a great job but it doesn’t have the charm of cell-shading

>1999
manime
>2011
faggot moeshit

>faggot moeshit
you would know, wouldnt you?

>hxh
>kino
>fma
why is the original's artstyle better than the remake's?

I love the aesthetic, animation, and mood of 1999, much more than 2011. The character art feels more three dimensional and solid. Scenes are lit in more varied and dramatic ways, whereas in 2011 most scenes seem to be lit just one simple way.
The directing I think is overall a lot better in 99 too. More interesting compositions and timing.
That's just artistically though... I haven't yet read the manga or watched all of 2011 so I can't really say much about how the characters and story are handled differently.
But yeah, from what I've seen, I prefer 1999

>new HxH is almost as old as the old HxH was when I started watching it back in 2011

Attached: amagami-17-1.jpg (1280x720, 75.04K)

Hair is the first thing what decay from human corpse.

>original has watercolour backgrounds
>characters in traditional pre-digital illustration
>better animated sequences with the likes of Norio Matsumoto having scenes
>overall colour scheme is darker and more evocative of mystery and adventure
>some scenes are just objectively better in Yorknew City arc

It's not even a comparison.

>voice acting
>animation
99 in the first arcs in particular Yorkshin, 11 later arcs
>music
Difficult decision. 99 has great music and my favourite anime OP
youtube.com/watch?v=0TRs6cMZkQY
11 has some shit music, in particular in the beginning. Gon's and Hisoka's themes suck so hard it's not even funny imo. Other parts of the ost are amazing.
>pacing

Both 99 and 11 are censored heavily unfortunately. Only thing that is unforgivable about 11 is that they for some reason decided to skip Kite's backstory in the beginning.

both are for animals, read the manga

this

I prefer 99, but it's nice to know that there are two completely different artistic versions of the same work with the same content. How many times has this ever happened?

>The character art feels more three dimensional and solid
Yeah bro look at that three dimensional and solid art on the left.

You sound like someone who saw these threads being spammed with cherrypicked comparisons (which can be done either way) rather than having viewed these anime yourself.

>le namedropping
2011 has Tomoko Mori.

Attached: 1999-2011-gon.jpg (1493x480, 81.74K)

I remember no one really gave a shit about HxH until the 11 release.

Manga >>> all.

Attached: 1614818288610.png (1056x2192, 474.6K)

kil's a lot more fuckable in the 2011 version. so that one.

Attached: 1644455251696.png (224x337, 68.8K)

FMA, that dragon quest thing, shaman king, fruits basket(?), evangelion rebuild first 2 movies, maybe dragon ball (is the "kai" version different?), legend of the galactic heroes, fate/stay night

Those are what I know from the top of my head.

2011 confirmed for more faithful adaptation

Yeah, it looks three dimensional. But it's only one frame. Dimensionality of the character art comes through more in motion as we see how the characters move and rotate in space.

>rather than having viewed these anime yourself.
I'm watching 1999 for the first time, nearing the end of it (I'm currently at the OVA).
For 2011, like I said I haven't watched all of it. I guess in the context of its entirety I haven't seen much of it, I've only watched a little past the hunter exam arc. But I think I can make general judgements on whether I find its art more or less appealing from that.

>2011 has Tomoko Mori.

???

It's not namedropping, Norio Matsumoto is a well regarded animator and his sequences in HxH are really good.
Are you fucking retarded? You want to discuss anime with other people and don't know even the most basic knowledge of the key people with the industry? Why would anyone give a SHIT what you think?

>looks three dimensional
I hope you aren't referring to one on the left.
>it's only one frame
>a screenshot is one frame
Hold your horses cowboys we got a genius here.
If you wanted to see it in motion you can try actually watching it.
>I haven't watched
And there we have it.

Attached: 99 vs 11.jpg (3360x1080, 261.61K)

Inb4 HxH 2023 remake for updated visuals.

Attached: 1423546464867.jpg (500x375, 43.7K)

>It's not namedropping
It's dropping names you heard as a substitute for making an argument. 2011 also has good animators who worked on it and produced good scenes.
>his sequences in HxH are really good.
So are plenty of 2011 animators' like Hidehiko Sawada.

>1999.
the music is also a great factor in the series and the animation is great overall
>2000
it missing alot of soundtracks and the animation is somehow bad im not sure why

>t's dropping names you heard as a substitute for making an argume

No it's not you actual fucking retard. You are a fucking retard. Remember this, remember how retarded you are

>comparison between two series
>i mention that the original series has animated sequences by Norio Matsumoto, which are high quality and enjoyable to watch. (Bonus fact: the new series does not have these)
>you call this "name dropping" because you're barely 13 years old and not only cannot recognise good animation, but also don't know that it is typically credited to lone key animators so you just interpret it as somebody randomly dropping a name

How dare you imply your opinion has worth? Why are you sharing your outlook like it's anything other than a net negative on any discussion? The fucking state of you.

1999 has Japanese Oasis op which moggles 2011 ops. youtube.com/watch?v=JgGgw_sw8P4