Ten years, 20 volumes, 200 chapters and a expanding cast of weirdos...

Ten years, 20 volumes, 200 chapters and a expanding cast of weirdos, who's still here since the first Watamote threads on Any Forums and stuck with it? From anons buying the several volumes at a time because it wasn't selling to Any Forums ruining everything by sending pictures of their dicks to the mangaka with the caption "gaijin glory", an anime that flopped and a full transition from episodic cringe comedy to slice of life + cringe comedy and a lot of development. What's your current thoughts on 2011's Any Forums beloved daughter?

Attached: 35346.jpg (924x596, 282K)

lol

never read it past what the anime covered, all the discussion I heard about it made it seem like it really wasn't worth it

YURI FRANCHISE

Peacefully parted ways with this around volume 10 I think. Has she had sex with her brother yet?

I always found the whole "our daughter" thing embarrassing and childish, same with the whole "she's literally me" thing. I liked the manga because it was amusing.
I dropped the manga around the time Tomoko and Yoshida went into detention; the thing turned into another boring generic slice of life manga with yuribait.

the only one who can't get over it is the mangaka.

>Any Forums ruining everything by sending pictures of their dicks to the mangaka
If you had been here during that time you would know it was happening from people on Any Forums as well.

No it was retooled into a yuri sol. Tomoko herself isn’t really important and barely shows up anymore.

the author betrayed the reader by turning what was once an interesting manga into something boring, generic and worthless. Tomoko now has a yuri bait harem, it couldn't be further away than it was in the beginning. Instead of ending it and starting over, he stuck a knife into his own back and his manga.

Nah, the western readers betrayed the authors (it's a duo) by stopping supporting the manga and not supporting the anime adaptation.
They've made several new manga, one of them having "cringe humor" similar but still distinctive from Watamote and they got axed so they have to stick to the only one that sells by pandering to the only people actually willing to buy a manga.

She's got so many darn friends now I still can't tell them apart

Well, this manga is the one paying their bills.

I always thought it was weird and out of place that this total loser loner who can barely form sentences talking to people was not only a regular at a card shop, bit dubbed the "Queen" by a bunch of grade schoolers for her prowess in playing. I mean, she was cheating, and they only did it so her cousin could see her and think less of her, but for that to happen in a single chapter and never be mentioned again, I don't know, it was just strange.

I didn't read this in the good ol'days, so the change from cringe to standard comedy didn't hit as hard
But the quality has definitely dropped hard; everyone wants to fuck Tomoko (Magically everyone wants to be her friend now), for no good reason; Tomoko is barely the fucking focus of the chapters (this is made even worse by the fact that she volunteered to make a movie for the school festival); the drawing has gotten lazy; yuribait, etc.
I can see a decent ending, but the road down there is going to be mediocre as fuck

Attached: shrug.jpg (350x277, 17.03K)

>Nah, western readers betrayed the authors (it's a duo) by not supporting the manga and not supporting the anime adaptation.

oh but Any Forums told me that westerners have 0 influence in the manga industry and only the japanese market is important

> They made several new manga, one of them with similar but still distinctive Watamote "embarrassing humor" and got fired.

one hit wonder then ?

Was here at the start, dropped it when it became clear that it was transitioning into some sort of yuribait haremshit.

Any Forumsermin squatters aren't Any Forumsnons

The original premise had a shelf life and given how their other projects tanked, they did a smart move by steering the wheel in their one hit wonder to a genre that can practically be milked in perpetuity.

I found the change to be smooth in the begining, it felt like normal development after the school trip and it felt at first like normal friendships among weird girls, felt the shift towards yuribait came later, when the group was already established and the authors noticed /u/fags shipping them.

Still manage to find it enjoyable when the focus is actually on Tomoko. Give me Tomoko being an autistic pervert idiot to her friends, that's when she feels like the old Tomoko in the new setting and it's actually funny.

Attached: 645645.png (666x677, 299.1K)

Been here since the first threads before what would become W3 started their work. Stuck with it ever since. No intention to ever drop it, it's been a joyful ride the whole way through. Most of the people complaining don't even read it or were dragged in by the anime and haven't moved on since then.

>oh but Any Forums told me that westerners have 0 influence in the manga industry and only the japanese market is important
Exactly.
The Japanese never liked Watamote and the only reason it sold and even got an anime was due to westerners importing the first volumes in masse.
When Watamote stopped being trendy the westerners stopped importing and the manga got stuck with the two or three Japanese dudes who read it. So Watamote changed into slice of life yuribait so it could find a profitable audience.

>no true scotsman

He's right.
Any Forums absolutely despises Japanese media, especially anime ("tranime") and manga.

this actually makes sense, how much does watamote sell now compared to before? and in general? if it became friendlier to the japanese audience then it should be selling better than ever

If only, current Watamote proves that yuri is an inherently boring genre.

>search: bait
>found: 6
You can stop spamming your buzzword now

Botposting

>v/ ruining everything by sending pictures of their dicks to the mangaka with the caption "gaijin glory"
what the fuck? why?

was at least a big dick?

you're a dumb nigger, aren't you ?