Beastars: The Final Season

Hopes? Expectations?

Attached: 6c25484df63815f9801256cd01dac92f.png (1200x885, 502.14K)

I like the second half of Beastars a lot so I'm really looking forward to this season. In fact, my favorite arc is the third. It's a really nice Slice of Life arc. I'm really hoping that Orange improves their directing; the directing was not there in the second season.

I'd like to see 2 cours to adapt the whole second half. Give me a full on adaptation of the third arc, and tie in what was missed in the second arc. Melon arc was messy, such as story elements that got dropped and some fights that concluded way too early. I'm expecting Orange to clean up those issues by cutting and adding in scenes.

Lastly, I want Orange to actually take their time with this. Season 2 was a rush job and it showed. The fuck was that final episode? Since when was Legoshi vs Riz this bad? Why did they go over into the third arc? Why did they fucking extend that stripper scene? Where the second arc ends would have been a perfect place to end the season.

anime original or 0/10

what killed the hype?

>Hopes?
Furry sex.
>Expectations?
No furry sex.

the crappy second season, the crappy manga ending

spoil it to me user

Not the user you're replying to but I'll explain what happened. Namely, chapter 191.

Melon is a crazy fucking dude (very entertaining guy btw) and a mixed-species furry. He's the final villain of the arc and is symbolic of the divided society all the furries are in. Basically his dad left him and because of this Melon killed his mom with a fucking iron. Lol. Anyways, Legoshi basically almost beats Melon and Melon's dad is about to rush to the scene to greet his long lost son. But Melon's dad never actually greets his son, and instead Melon just shoots himself with a gun. He lives though. He's just extremely fucking edgy. I think people hate it because they were expecting some nice heartwarming father-son reunion but instead got an edgelord jobbing scene that comes out of nowhere. Definitely gave me a good chuckle. I definitely wasn't expecting that, and honestly I feel like it was intentionally done to fuck with your expectations. We will never know if Melon's dad and Melon ever met. Melon is in prison at the end btw.

If that filtered you, don't worry. The epilogue is really sweet.

Read Sanda

Attached: FJiO4g6UcAEKA22.jpg (680x510, 128.17K)

Are we gonna get the hybrid Sutando?

the manga was dogshit long before 191. the 'ending' was just putting an arc with no ongoing plot beyond "villain bad" out of its misery.

If Orange adds in the stands I'm dropping the anime and I will be laughing at Houseki fans for wanting a Season 2 from Orange. So glad Paru dropped the stand shit, it never would have worked properly anyways.

are they really making another season? This doesn't bode well for Studio Orange, imo.

Melon was mostly fine - he did jump more than a few sharks and forgot that he wasn't the final villain of a shounen manga a few times -

But the issue is that Paru introduced a bunch of characters, plot lines, and abstractions (Fucking Stands were introduced) then dropped them because she wrote herself into a corner, or lost an assistant, or was simply tired of working on the series.
Paru's dad writes Baki and it was a common meme that she started asking her dad to write chapters for her.

Legoshi lost a lot of his autistic charm and as the series became about combat he adapted to fit it instead of rejecting the mold.

I don't think people really cared about a father-son reunion, it was more that Melon was a retarded concept. "I'm a hybrid of carnivore and herbivore, which means I can't taste any food and I have an elevated sadistic streak for no fucking reason." Also Haru yet again is like "I guess I'll kill myself for no reason" which just felt like a shitty excuse to give Legoshi a reason to be personally invested in taking Melon down.

I still stand by that despite Melon upping the ante with all his "Look how crazy I am" bullshit that if Paru had stuck mostly to the drama, characters, and dialog while violence sometimes being a vehicle to these things instead of turning the series into
"Hey kids, didn't get enough Fishman Karate and Furry fighters in this Week's One Piece? Check this out! We even have the Joker(tm)!"

Only despair, animes second season was super rushed, and the manga was all over the place and then the ending was super rushed.

ok

Attached: 1586736814094.png (1212x648, 41.05K)

I just think it was a mistake to introduce hybrids into the series at all. The whole point of the series was to juxtapose realistic biology with anthropomorphized animals, so it betrays itself by making a plotline out of something that doesn't actually exist.
Legoshi also shouldn't have been a quarter Komodo Dragon, that was dumb as fuck. I was all on board for a Komodo Dragon having raised him for some reason, which would have fleshed out his openness to inter-species bonding, but to actually be a blood relative? Retarded.

Why? Beastars was popular during its run despite how people thought about the final arc. Also Beastars is a Netflix joint so its probably the best thing they could be doing monetarily.

I felt like Legoshi still had his autistic charm in the finale. Especially with the whole "the tails are in my pants" and "we wolves will protect you" (that was kinda wtf lol) conclusions. I mean, Beastars is for the most part a coming of age story, so Legoshi growing up, realizing that not all adults are nice and will play by the rules (like Melon after both shooting him at the party and the beach scene), and learning social skills (like he did in the third arc) is going to affect the story. Dunno if that helps explain it. He's still autistic at the start of Melon though.

I think Hybrids and the Komodo Dragon thing was fine - until it started being used for power ups and combat abilities/transformations.

Like, was Melon in the story to show Legoshi the reality and difficulty of raising a hybrid child?
To give insight to the social, psychological, physiological tribulations such a child might have?

Or just to unlock the hidden potential of his Bishounen-Alpha-Wolf-King-Komodo-Dragon bloodline by subjecting the MC to non-stop climatic action movie scenes so that he can karate chop his future super villain offspring?