"foreigner" character

>"foreigner" character
>is always at least 1/2 japanese

Attached: 1538238381991.png (520x500, 54.84K)

>worst bokubenis

Attached: vermino in her natural habitat.jpg (525x600, 431.61K)

Well why would two non-Japanese move to Japan when their kid is of school age and force them into a Japanese school?

They all look like non Japanese characters so, at the end of the day, who cares?

>Character is American
>Blonde and blue eyed
What other lies does America force Japan to make?

because they're weebs.

Japan remembers a better america.

Children of American soldiers stationed in japan

>Foreigner character is actually foreign
>Somehow speaks fluent Japanese

>military
>idealism
>business
>pleasure

>soldier kids
As far as I know, these kinds of kids attend special schools that run specialized educational programs for international children. They wouldn't really be studying alongside average Japanese children en masse ht rather inside their own bubble.
I'm pretty sure that such a family would probably try to get their kid to attend an "international" school in Japan as well, I doubt any parents would want their kid to stand out in Japan too much

Either that, or Japanese high school students go overseas and can somehow speak perfect fluent English or whatever else the local language is.

To be fair, every country is guilty of producing media that has to ignore the language barrier for the sake of the plot.

no they don't

Think about it like this.
What would a realistic portrayal be like?
A Japanese tourist vaguely saying "hmh~", "yesu", "okei!" while walking around quietly? That wouldn't really be interesting. It would be pretty much the same situation for a foreigner wuthout language skills in Japan.
It's just a non-interesting obstacle that doesn't add anything to the story, when there is communucation, at least there is sonething to build the story upon so this is basically just the writer magically speeding up the character's language learning process.

Pretty much every story involving aliens has to ignore the language barrier.

>foreigner character is actually foreign
>speaks their own language in the thickest Japanese accent possible

Mechazawa-kun told me his dad was Japanese but his mother was a foreign model.

>Clapistani flabbergasted at the idea of people being able to learn a language other than their native one

>foreigner begins speaking perfect japanese
>japanese character replies in broken english

Attached: WhatTheFuck.gif (170x180, 1.07M)

>dad is japanese
lmao

The Psycho Pass movie was the worst example. It's a movie, they could have afforded to hire some actual gaijin to voice the foreign characters who spoke only in English. I'm glad somebody did an edit of the movie where the Japanese characters keep their Japanese VAs even when they're speaking in English, but gives all of the foreign characters their English dub VAs.

>the foreign blood is from the mother

Attached: 1575155928827.png (640x639, 383.91K)

I am well aware that many people learn multiple languages since I myself am multilingual, and for that reason I know that a European or American that has never lived in Japan learning Japanese is extremely rare.

Thank god anime is like this. If you can't avoid filthy gaijin altogether, a half blood is tolerable.

THIS
so much this it hurts. Sure,I am familiar with suspension of disbelief,but why making the foreign characters speak their languages when most of the time,if not ALL of the times,the japanese VA can't speak such language for shit???
It's very cringeworthy and distracting. Just have the gaijin speak japanese only,I'm not interested on listening the mother language

>isekai'd
>automatically knows the language

Attached: a9e64f6987f0b219ec6ef28e2eb90cf6.jpg (844x1200, 168.67K)

Because it is not possible for gaijin to learn japanese.

Attached: you don't even know english.jpg (680x462, 67.56K)

cute. source?

that's how birth citizenship works there

Where the hell would anime studios find foreigners in Japan who would put a decent voice acting performance and rather why exactly would they do it?
Anime as a concept is about the Japanese dub.

If you have a Japanese parent, you're automatically able to be a Japanese citizen, so it leavesmore rrom avaialble to the writers int erms of whatt he character can go on to do.

Also Japan is still xenophobic, so a half-Japanese character is more palatable.

Also Japanese accent is cute and kawaii, they have the right to speak whatever they want as long as it fits the story

only a father not a mother

>watch isekai with an unknown language
>your eyes and ears automatically perceive it as Japanese
How do they do it?