Kaiba

Now this? This was certainly an anime. Weird, but couldn't avoid ending in a rather predictable manner.
Has Any Forums watched Kaiba? Do you like it/hate it?

Attached: 1617663938415.jpg (1280x720, 49.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KlsC4Yh_5VY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wish I could like it but I just found it boring.

Well, why did you think it was boring?

Yuasa was, is, and always will be a hack.

Thanks for the bump.

Attached: 1642968930635.jpg (1920x1080, 152.7K)

I want to disagree with you but aside from ping pong all of his shows have absolutely horrid pacing issues. Like thats consistantly something he seems to fuck up.

I don't think Kaiba had any pacing issues, it was consistently quick until the end.
I can understand saying this for Tatami Galaxy or Devilman, even if it isn't as bad as being "absolutely horrid".

Naw Tatami Galaxy will always be perfect. There's problems here and there with his stuff but he has a great track record for the most part.

I watched it as my 100th anime and was rather disappointed. It wasn't bad in itself but everyone hyped it up as such an amazing piece of art but I can barely remember anything that happened.

I liked the more episodic first half, when the story started kicking in towards the end I kinda checked out

>but I can barely remember anything that happened.
Maybe you binged it? It's one of the series that needs to be given space.
I will agree with you about everyone overhyping it to death.
Seems to be the more popular opinion. I can see why.

It might be 2DEEP4ME, but the ending seemed completely disconnected from the rest of the show.

I watched it over a decade ago, so my understanding of the ending is still a bit fuzzy. However, I do remember this
>bleak but fascinating first half
>clusterfuck disappointing second half
I liked the wandering. I noticed the potential The Little Prince inspiration, too (blonde boy in green wanders from planet to planet, doesn't necessarily change the lives there, more of an observer). I just wish the second half wasn't the way it was. I still am grateful for it for introducing me to Yuasa's work.

>I still am grateful for it for introducing me to Yuasa's work.
What other works of his did you like

>2.9 million views
youtube.com/watch?v=KlsC4Yh_5VY
Nothing can remain obscure these days (not saying that's a bad thing)

I liked it a lot more when it was more episodic in style.

Seems like this was the 00s' Flip Flappers.

is that a daiper

Flip Flappers has the yuri crowd to boost its popularity, at least.
This one only has the deepfags, and those aren't as energetic as yurifags.

Yuasa is too famous for any of his anime to ever remain obscure. Devilman Crybaby was one of the more main mainstream releases of the last decade due to being a Netflix original.

You aren't wrong, I've had normalfag coworkers talk about how good his shit is (and by that I mean they really liked Crybaby).