Gundam

I'm halfway through 0079 and it's boring me. Should I keep watching to get the most context for the rest of the franchise, or can I just watch the compilation movies? I have no problem with the characters or themes, but its dragging on

Attached: file.png (349x500, 348.93K)

turn it off and turn on something more to tuned to your zoomer palette.

Attached: 81oIwi1-28L._RI_.jpg (1538x2138, 464.98K)

No you can just fuck off

If you're halfway through the series, watching the movies won't save you time. If you don't like it, don't watch. We don't need another hater in the rare Gundam threads. That being said I thought 0079 was really strong and the ending is not what you expect.

>rare Gundam threads
you have an entire gundam board, retard.

0079 is by far the best entry in the franchise. If you're bored of what's mostly a situational character thing with obligatory robot fights you should just drop Gundam. The fights get a little better but the character work gets much worse.

/m/ can be pretty boring. Would prefer to stay here.

Just watch the compilation movies, 0079 really dragged on and you wouldn't miss much anyway. You would know what's happening in the rest of the UC franchise.

Which UC Gundam show are you planning to watch next? Sounds like you're watching 0079 just for the sake of getting the context for future UC Gundam entries. Since you're halfway through maybe you can finish up to where the second movie ends then switch to the final compilation movie since that one has a lot of redone animation which is far better.

Compilation movies are awful. They completely fuck with the pacing and you miss things like the salt episode.

I was going to ask if the movie was a decent replacement for the series but that answers the question.

Attached: 1631303282596.gif (500x375, 981.47K)

>defending boring and repetitive shit
>noooooo you're a overstimulated zoomer with attention deficit!!!!!

Is this the only argument mechatards can use?

Funny. I am half way through and currently enthralled watching Gundam '79.
I didnt think I was going to be a fan and was going to give it up within 3 episodes as I always thought Gundam was like Pokemon or Transformers or something.
I have been completely taken by surprise by the character drama with the constant mass murder of unnamed characters and the tragic deaths of main characters.
Was this normal for kids shows in Japan at the time? In all the shows I watched as kid it was an unspoken rule no one was killed
or atleast if they were it was not focused on, like Superman would throw a car at a bank robbers head and the camera would quickly pan away
and we were just supposed to assume having a 2 ton object thrown at your head just knocks you out.
They certainly didn't have you hear their screams and cries for help as they are exploded alive or anything lmao.

There is something exceptionally brutal about that moment when a Zaku pilot realises their engine has been
hit and their is just a few seconds of panic as they know they're about to explode and their is nothing they can do but scream.
Was Gundam '79 the first case of people being killed regularly in a "kids" show?

take a break or watch fewer episodes per sitting, come back later

Shounen shows before it like Ashita no Joe and Space Battleship Yamato can be brutal, so its not too surprising that Gundam is the way it is. I've never seen it, but supposedly Tomino's earlier show Zambot 3 gets pretty ruthless too.

The director's nickname is "Kill 'em all Tomino"

I know Gundam Wing was the burger friendly one.
I didnt watch it as it wasnt aired where I live.
Does it have as much if any killing or death?

Not as much. Wing is also heavy fujo bait. It's only noteable because it aired for americans afte school in the late 90s.

Don't listen to the other guys, yes it does. Much of the show is spent killing mooks in Leos, then considering the ethical quandries of using autonomous drone-like mobile suits to kill mooks in Leos instead of kill them yourself.

I loved the show so much I watched the whole thing in 2 days, all 50 episodes. Op is a fag

hahahaha

Tomino was ALREADY known for that shit when the show first started airing. Zambot 3 was supposed to be a 50 episode series that got cancelled at around 25 episodes for making kids depressed with horrific shit like humans embedded with bombs and then sent back to their families to unknowingly kill all of them. Early mecha is real shit man, toy companies just had the requirement of having a monster of the week to advertise the toy line but other than that the director had free reign.