What does Any Forums think of Akira?

What does Any Forums think of Akira?

Attached: Akira (1988) (UHDRip 3840x2072p x265 HEVC TrueHDx2, FLACx2 5.1x2+2.0x2)(Dual Audio)[sxales].mkv_snapshot_00.58.49.678.jpg (3840x2072, 447.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Ōhashi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Manga is better. Anime is a cover-up with some altered changes.

Why'd they do Kaori like that?

This. Her death left a bad taste in my mouth.
She was the bullied shy girl you wanted to protect.
But she was squeezed to death like a grape.

im too biased to give an objective opinion but i remember watching the japanese vhs as a kid without understanding anything and thought it was the coolest shit. its still pretty cool.
detailed violence, laser guns, psyshit, mutation. looks incredible, ost is cool. its a classic.
its not one of my favourites anymore but i wish anime today would be like this. not that faggot shit for special needs children.

Spectacle. A rare production where a shit ton of money and talent was poured into a project for the sole purpose of it just looking amazing, story be damned. It's that kind of anime that impressed people on VHS, so having it in 4K is just a whole new dimension.

It’s fucking Akira, it slaps

But more importantly, what the hell happened to that new anime meant to adapt the manga fully?

I just realized Tetsuo pulled the whole transform into a giant man baby before Muzan did it. What the fuck

It's like a less interesting Godzilla. Not sure what all the hype is about.

If they did Akira as a series of movies like we've been getting for many productions lately, it'd work fine. That seemed to be the method for lots of shit like 10 years ago, like with Break Blade and that weird cyberpunk gross anime I forgot about.

Awesome movie. Was probably my favorite anime film until I just finished watching Perfect blue 20 minutes ago, now I'm not as sure. Got Josh Seth's (Tetsuo dub actor) to sign my copy at a con once because he seemed like a total bro, and he is. I'm still going to only watch it subbed

Attached: thums up.jpg (240x240, 6.4K)

I remember some weird shit about music theory, too, something like the soundtrack was structured after DNA. Additional to the industrial noises and chanting over noh instruments and just sounding sick as hell.

Isn't the soundtrack mostly non-western percussion and chanting? I don't really remember much industrial or electronic sounds, but maybe I'm stupid.

Attached: Akira (1988) (UHDRip 3840x2072p x265 HEVC TrueHDx2, FLACx2 5.1x2+2.0x2)(Dual Audio)[sxales].mkv_snapshot_00.57.24.254.jpg (3840x2072, 315.99K)

Do understand Akira may not have been the first adult anime in America, but it was certainly the first BIG adult-oriented anime in America. It was so big Criterion handled the laserdisc version in the states. Plus, the animation is absolutely gorgeous throughout the entire film. Visually it's one of the greatest animated works ever. A shitton of the movie was at true 24 fps, which a massive feat in and of itself. That's basically twice the manpower any other animated movie takes. The story isn't the strong point but still neat. Cyberpunk hyperviolence is always nice to see.

There's some of. Maybe Kaneda's theme has most of it.

The 1980s is when Japanese animation made for a mature or PG 13 audience really gained a much wider appeal. The 60s and 70s has stuff like A Thousand and One Nights and Belladonna, but it does not have something Patlabor, Urusei Yatsura, Nausicaa, or Royal Space Force. Actually, the 70s does have Castle of Cagliostro, but that was basically the gateway into a new era.

Out of all of those I only heard of Urusei Yatsura and nausicaa (assuming you mean the Ghibli movie) is this stuff super obscure or do I need to watch more anime?

omg lol it's like five nights at freddys

Do I even laugh and agree or tell you to kill yourself? I don't know on this site anymore.

Attached: Damn bro.png (596x502, 256.19K)

I must never have looked before. Feels like I should have remembered the composer being a for real mad scientist.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Ōhashi

You super need to watch more anime