Berserk Ending

Why did they release another chapter after Miura died? We could have gotten a perfect cliffhanger where Guts looks up and suddenly the Moonchild is standing there, facing him.

Instead we got this new plotpoint where for the first time it is officially confirmed that Griffith is the Moonchild and we will never know how Guts, Casca and the rest will react and wether or not Griffith was about to attack the island and make a new Eclipse in order to make Gut continue his quest for vengeance.

The moonchild cliffhanger ending was the second best thing we could have gotten to an actual ending. This latest chapter really diminished it.

Attached: 26[1].jpg (1134x1600, 359.29K)

Five star thread

because this chapter confirms that Griffith's victory in accomplishing his dream is utterly pyrric. It was not worth it and his mentality of "I need to succeed to matter how much I must sacrifice, in order to give meaning towards past sacrifices" is invalidated by his ennui. Its the philosphical conclusion of tye whole narrative, which is more important than the causal events that might happen after.

>pyrric
>ennui
Fuck off.

>Why did they release another chapter after Miura died?
Because Miura was working on that chapter before he died and they wanted his last work to be published.

>because this chapter confirms that Griffith's victory in accomplishing his dream is utterly pyrric
I don't really think that is the case. Griffith literally says that soon those feelings will disappear too. Not sure why but he was probably planning something to deal with Guts and co, like he always had in the past. Also i disagree that there is such a thing as an absolute "philosphical conclusion of the whole narrative". Miura just showcases aspects of human nature, he doesn't pretend to draw an absolute philosophical conclusion out of it.

Much better than ending on Star Wars references and skirt-flipping.

Since this thread is so shit, i might as well just ask, is there a version of this pic without all the text?

Attached: 45645854.png (1134x1600, 2.19M)

It is more than clear that Miura was setting Griffith up to attack the Island.
Just some chapters before they established that he now can magically transport his armies using the magic sky highway beams which the Moonchild also used to randomly appear every full moon. Now why would Miura do this?
Guts was contemplating giving up and living a live in peace with Casca and the others.
I'm willing to bet that Miura was going to have Griffith pop up on the island (now that he has gained access to it as the Moon child) and was about to teleport his army there to kill everyone and probably rape or abuse another one of Guts' companions in front of him so he would be forced to continue his quest for vengeance.

All of this has now been set-up even more with the latest chapter and we will never ever know how it continues and I find this is a huge middle finger for us, especially considering how perfectly vague the former chapter ended. It was a perfect cliff hanger, since Guts was in the middle of finding peace and just dropping it, so every reader could decide wether he would or not.

Now Griffith literally spawned in front of him and Casca... It should be more than clear what path Miura had intended he would take.

I would make that sexy girl deepthroat my 24cm fat cock

Why did you remind me of Berserk, user? Why?? Now I gotta cry myself to sleep all over again

Attached: 1542631652634.png (231x218, 6.67K)

Look at those lips goddamn

Attached: 1637797620177.jpg (490x408, 22.41K)

The true ending

Attached: A12EC26F-686E-4D1B-9B35-0B7B4CAF125A.jpg (1080x2982, 1.02M)

There's still no official word, right? Future of the manga still in limbo?

Also I heard season 3 was confirmed. That's just a continuation of the CG shitfest, right?

were the big words too hard for you to understand?

Attached: guts gone.png (726x1448, 751.89K)

>There's still no official word, right? Future of the manga still in limbo?
the last chapter from OP picture has an epilogue where the staff from Miura's studio thanks the fans and says that it's most likely over and done. It's pretty safe to assume that this is where it ends.
Japanese treat death with a little more dignity than westerners, even if it means that franchises suddenly end. Wouldn't be the first time a major japanese franchise stops because the creator died.

Ah, I see, thank you.

Even though it is over, I feel a little bit of relief knowing that SK=Gaiseric and that he probably had a daughter.

>SK=Gaiseric
was there ever a doubt he wasn't? it was pretty much thrown in your face multiple times, he even has the same armor and his dialogue with the forest witch pretty much confirmed it completely

On a sidenote, what is more frustrating? Having your author suddenly die mid-story or having to watch him grow old for decades and reach a ripe old age without publishing any further content?

Attached: Hunter X Hunter.png (1333x365, 38.49K)

Death for sure. It kills the tiny bit of hope I had to see this end.

With Berserk specifically I think death is better. Berserk is one of the only manga I can think of where accepting that the author's death ends the story and choosing to be happy that it happened at all almost feels like the natural ending.

Definitely still tragic, definitely wish Miura was alive, honestly wish his editors would continue it, but the story itself wants you to move on and just keep it in your heart.

Well, his death came at a very bad conjuncture so, well, it hit harder than it should.

>but the story itself wants you to move on and just keep it in your heart
Guts party vs Griffith and God Hand was going to happen. You are deluded if you think otherwise.

Dunno, I`d rather they lie to us about him leaving the full story on some notebook and keep releasing it at a faster pace. I just want to be fooled like that.