Gantz

Why was the ending hated so much at the time? I don't think it dropped the ball (lol) nearly as hard as trainwrecks like SnK did. It surely had some issues with retarded morality of the characters (that always present since the start), horrendously looking 3d monsters and a bit rushed and abrupt closure, but overall it was pretty satisfactory, didn't ruin the characters, create gaping plotholes or retort to asspulls like most of the other series do, while not getting as much hate. The chamber of truth scene while being a lazy bit of exposition wasn't nearly as bad as I was made to beleive it would be and the fight with Eeva Gund provided a decent emotional climax to the arc. So I really don't get it. What were the main complaints people had regarding the ending?

Attached: rb2u73v254f51.jpg (710x998, 102.3K)

I agree.
Some of the art went haywire near the end, but all in all I was satisfied.

My main complaint was bringing back the characters that people wanted to see brought back, then killing them again.

i didn't really care, the manga was slowly fizzling out after osaka, after rome i remember the wait for new chapters being excruciating, i was just glad it was over and it was a happy end

Rome was so fucking fun and crazy.

>Killed too many good characters for worthless shock value
>Entire section with Tae running naked was worthless and boring
>International teams jobbed too fast
>Final fight was too sudden and came out of nowhere
Kurono and Kato remained good so it kinda balanced out

Gigant sucks

is that a small short haired girl?

But that was the point of the scene. And if they were permanently brought back their deaths would be extremely cheap in retrospective.

>Killed too many good characters for worthless shock value
But that have been an inherent aspect of the series from the very beginning. I don't really think any major death was entirely unnecessary and didn't have an impact aside from shock value. Maybe killing off the japanese team at the very end was a bit unnecessary though

>International teams jobbed too fast
>Final fight was too sudden and came out of nowhere
International teams (especially the american one) basically did the most of the job in winning the war offscreen. It was a neat decision imo and added a bit of realism and global scale to the story. They only jobbed when let their guard down

>Entire section with Tae running naked was worthless and boring
That was annoying, but not entirely worthless. Tae has been becoming increasingly imprortant character, so I don't think she could be disregarded that easily. So she served as an instrument of introduction into the world of giants and aslo in delivering very questionable moral message

I disagree, I think it would have given a better and more emotional ending, considering the utter nonsense that they went through by the end of things.

You got what the author was going for and the people who don't like it didn't, that's all

Gantz 2 soon bros

>Gantz 2 soon
Are you talking about Gantz:E or did I miss the news?

>he doesnt know

Tae had a ridiculous amount of plot armour and focus while Reika didn't even get her final fight and death shown in a chapter.
Interesting plot ideas like the vampires and zaibatsu were ultimately used as nothing more than cheap plot devices and discarded almost immediately.
The author decides to shill some "giants are no different than humans, killing them all is evil" morality, despite the entire giant society except for one teenage girl (who dies before kurono even makes his decision) seeing humanity as nothing more than pets at best, often just food.
Apparently one news broadcast manages to convince humanity that the giants are actually cool and the people who have gotten a reputation for defeating monsters and aliens attacking humanity are evil.
Killing off the resurrected characters in the Room of Truth had no philosophical point, it was literally just shock value.

There's a bunch of other nitpicks I could probably think of if I read it again, but that's what I remember off the top of my head. It's an OK final arc and definitely better than some endings out there, but my head spins whenever someone acts like it's some masterpiece.

>vampires are just straight up forgotten

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE VAMPIRES

LIKE HOLY FUCK THE MC'S BROTHER IS A FUCKING VAMPIRE AND THEY DO FUCKING NOTHING WITH IT AT ALL FOR FUCKS SAKE LIKE WHAT THE FLYING FUCKERY FUCK FUCK

HOLY FUCK THEY WERE LIKE ABOUT TO FUCKING FIGHT AND THEN THEY JUST FUCKING FUCK OFF

>yeah I don't know

rumor has it the author just forgot they existed

>Killing off the resurrected characters in the Room of Truth had no philosophical point, it was literally just shock value.
The entire reason to resurrect them was to evaporate them shortly after in the first place. The aliens were merely showcasing what they were trying to convey to the MCs by words, but they didn't seem to gasp it

Naw. It was all good. Fuck you.

From what I remember, it was mostly fatigue, since the final arc seemed to drag on for so long, and the ending just seemed underwhelming because of that. I didn't have any strong feelings about it in of itself. It wasn't perfect, but it was in no way comparable to the travesty that was SnK 139.

Tae ruined this series