Is Re:Zero a masterpiece?

Is Re:Zero a masterpiece?

Attached: re0.jpg (640x960, 346.98K)

No

By any measure

Attached: remcuck.jpg (1638x2048, 352.34K)

Not even close, it started off as an above average but unremarkable isekai but degenerated into nothing but melodramatic repetitive monologues that sound like they were written by an edgy 12 year old

No, but it's relatively good if you're into isekai and suffering

>By the standards of its Genre?
Yes.
>By universal standards?
No.

Yes

The Web Novel? Fuck yeah, one of most unique things I've ever read, the author is batshit insane and is a writing monster when he wants to be.
The anime? No, a garbage adaptation of a even worse adaptation (the Light Novel). It doesn't help that the director is a unironic self-inserter, which shows he fundamentally just doesn't understand what he's turning into a anime

Attached: 1595626746818.jpg (871x1200, 229.38K)

Hasn't finished yet so I can't tell ya.

Season 2 will probably give you pain due to how boring it is.

The WN, yes. The anime, no, it only cultivates retards like the second poster of this thread.

Moon rune reader: yeah basically this. I haven't even watched the second season but I'm glad to stay on Mr. Nagatsuki's wild ride. It's still my favorite thing on syosetu.
Even though his dialogue sucks prolapsed anus 90% of the time and attempting to read any fan translations after Arc 4 is utterly torturous.

No, it is a below average series.
>The heroes are very basic stereotypes that we have seen already a million times. Their shallowness and lack of originality pretty much ruin all the scenes where they appear.
>Subaru is annoying as hell for no good reason. He isn't an enjoyable character, but he doesn't behave on a realistic way either. There are no interesting things to learn through him, and the author uses him as his mouthpiece.
>There's nothing interesting about the world, it's the same generic European fantasy land from most isekais.
>The author clumsily uses asspulls to accomplish his goals. Things are constantly undone and you quickly realize pretty much nothing matters. Add the ultra generic characters I mentioned before and you get a series that feels like nothingness.

>implying animeonly
I meant the story in general. I can't call it a masterpiece until it finishes.

Keep seething echidnatranny

Hey you shut your mouth and don't lump that random guy in with us

So, did you see what you wanted to see? Rui Arneb.

The web novel is atrocious. I was tricked into reading arc 5 and it is absolute garbage, even worse than the anime.
It doesn't solve any of the problems the anime had. Subaru is still unberarable and his companions are still derivative. But because their scenes and repetitive dialogues are much longer, they make you waste far more time. The writing is at best amateurish, the world and the plot are still uninteresting...
There's plenty of good literature on this world to waste your time on something so uncreative, clearly improvised and poorly written. No wonder the author is so prolific, given the low quality of his work.

rezero is one of those stories you cant really call a masterpiece until it atleast finishes

See

No but it's the best isekai.