Some people have been watching anime for years and they still have to watch something as basic as Ashita no Joe

Some people have been watching anime for years and they still have to watch something as basic as Ashita no Joe.

It's like some people just watch anime to keep up with the latest trends and the latest epic memes and don't actually care about the meduim, they will only watch what the anitubers tell them to watch.

Attached: 1612421572787.jpg (706x1000, 225.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vCI5QrBG5R8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ashita no Joe is pretty fucking popular. I've watched shit more obscure than it, but haven't watched it. Pretty retarded to think AnJ indicates good taste and not for instance being a slave to what Any Forums tells you to watch.

Hey Africabro, whats your favorite work by Tezuka? Surely you've seen at least one anime or read one manga by Japanese Disney, right?

This. I'm not hyped to watch it just for hip points.

>It's like some people just watch anime to keep up with the latest trends and the latest epic memes and don't actually care about the meduim
So?

>Obscure = LE GOOD
>Enjoying something because you enjoy it = LE BAD

This, you can't tell me not to enjoy ricky and morty bro, I love it, you are being really toxic man.

Your use of reddit lingo hurts the good point you're making

I just dont care about boxing; Why would I watch something Im not interested in just because its a classic?

>DUDE THIS SHOW IS COMPLETE DOG SHIT BUT NOBODY ELSE KNOWS IT EXISTS THEREFORE I'M GOING TO ACT LIKE IT'S THE GREATEST THING OF ALL TIME AND THAT I'M SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE FOR KNOWING ABOUT IT WHEN THEY DIDN'T.

OP is literally arguing out of obscurity, user. "Keep up with the latest trends and the latest epic memes" is another way of saying "watches popular stuff". Meanwhile he advocates for Ashita no Joe, a series that is circlejerked to hell and back by pre-2000 thread regulars on Any Forums.

>Reddit is... LE BAD
Kys

Just want to say that 0080 was bad and that the reputation it has is SERIOUSLY undeserved. The whole thing is built on coincidences and the characters are super dull.

Yeah most people are pretty fucking stupid so popular things tend to be bad, radio music, rick and morty, marvel films....ect

I've already got to watching raw 60s films and stuff like the Unico pilot and Otsuka's milk commercial and still haven't seen AnJ. You gotta space the classics out - there are only so many of them to experience the first time. Same deal with Genma Taisen.

THIS

Macross is superior

You base that opinion on your subjective belief that there is anything such as coincidence instead of determined destiny. By your own logic you don't deserve to breathe because you are a result of coincidence.
Tldr; shit opinion, discard.

I've never watched a single gundam series.
I'm not interested in it.

What coincidences are there in 0080?

Based

MC takes a photo in a no-entry zone, and then:
>the photo happens to include vital military secrets
>a foreign soldier crash-lands near his school like two days later or whatever
>the foreign soldier glances through MC's camera out of idle curiosity and notices/recognizes the military secret unexpectedly
>the pilot of that military secret (mech) is MC's next-door neighbor
>the neighbor winds up meeting the enemy soldier because of circumstances
>falls in love with him without knowing who he is

I swear, I'm not a "dude there's a PLOT HOLE this whole story is ruined" type, but this was beyond just a plot hole.

>The whole thing is built on coincidences
So what? Every good story is. Prove me wrong, you cannot.

Attached: 300021_1_ftc_dp.jpg (355x591, 51.37K)

>le misereddit
>good story

Yeah, imagine people watching things they are interested in watching instead of watching things I want them to watch! Fuck off, OP.

Attached: 1540636062490.gif (540x303, 492.96K)

I have never seen Citizen Kane and don't plan to.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60.26K)

Plebs will always be cringe no matter what. Faux otakus.

>Yeah, imagine people watching things they are interested in watching
You mean things that the anitubers told you to watch?

those last 3 are fine, though

>>falls in love with him without knowing who he is
Incorrect.
Everything else you said is just your lack of suspension of disbelief.

There is not a single good active anituber but as long as they're actually watching them instead of taking the anitubers' opinions on them, it's acceptable. Besides, you speak like shit you're talking about isn't on every "Top 10/20 Anime Ever" list anyway.

>I'm not interested in it.
Do you like any mecha series? I doubt you actually know what gundam is actually like?

Mecha is trash no one likes it!

The only eceptions are Evangelion, Gurren Lagann and Code Geass which can barely be considered mecha since they have good characters and plot.

Attached: E6xT1GiXMAMpoh7.jpg (500x500, 35.18K)

>the anitubers' opinions on them, it's acceptable
The anitubers like those shows though
youtu.be/vCI5QrBG5R8

But anitubers don't even recognize megazone 23 and haven't watched, watching classics is how you seperate yourself from the plebs.

Wrong. Mecha shows tend to have the most complex character driven stories in anime.

>Evangelion, Gurren Lagann and Code Geass
Meme Stereo types exist for a reason this one is like clock work.

Pic-related is your brain expectations on gundam.

Attached: 365cb9d4dc4fbdfdc1d80e971a41edec31aa2951r1-474-249v2_uhq.jpg (474x249, 33.83K)

The sad reality is that half these anitubers are likely Any Forums regulars.