Villain kills thousands of innocent lives

>villain kills thousands of innocent lives
>protagonist confronts and fights the villain
>Suddenly, MUH TRAGIC BACKSTORY
>story expects you to sympathize with a serial killer

I wish shonen anime would cut this shit out already.

Attached: DemonSlayer.jpg (1920x1080, 390.61K)

How comfy would a straw(?)-cloak like this be?
Is it really warm? Does it itch?

At least they still kill the motherfucker unlike some series I could mention

After he killed them, huge difference

They did nothing wrong

I sympathize with them. They live in a society after all.

>Get told shounenshit is shit for decades by Any Forums
>Watch it anyway
>Complain that it's shit

I wish shounentards would be put to death already.

It's infuriating and cheaply manipulative as fuck.
Imagine if someone made a biopic of John Wayne Gacy, and just as we see the scene of him being given a lethal injection in the execution chamber, we get a long flashback to his abusive childhood to make us sympathize with him.

People who complain has no idea the purpose of the flashback and the theme of the whole series. Like it the villain self-reflecting about their life choice. If you actually saw the flashback, you can tell that even as a human Gyutaro wasn't a good person, his only redeeming trait was his love for his sister. Bad people still can have regret at the end of their life too. And they still die and go to hell.

/thread

>Villains kills thousands of innocent lives
>Gets punched to death to a fucking peasant
>Gets decapitated by a commoneer
>No pity, no mercy, no backstory because he doesn't deserve it, only his brother does, being the brother of a good guy doesn't make you both good guys.

That's how you do it, Kimetsufags.

Attached: black_clover___dante_vs_magna_by_loox_ld_derpaip-fullview.jpg (1280x775, 182.26K)

>Gets punched to death BY** a fucking peasant

>I cant empathize with people without also agreeing with them and justifying their misdeeds
Is this american education?

Well, at least muh tragic past is not the reason to leave the fuckers alive in picrel.

>Bad people still can have regret at the end of their life too. And they still die and go to hell.

And why do we have to know this? Why can't we as the reader/viewer just feel the raw satisfaction of seeing the villain getting what he deserves?
Again, using my John Wayne Gacy example, imagine if that was done in a biopic of him. Or any kind of real life human monster getting this "last minute flashback" treatment thinking about his actions in life.

Based Anons.

Would you call a cat evil for killing mice and rats? The world doesn't accomodate to the weak, you have to forcefully step over people to get success. Otherwise you get tread on. You are all snobbling, snivelling queers that have the same moral weakness as Christianity where you can't face the truth so you mask it with made up bullshit in order for everyone to act nice but in reality just bind yourself.

Gyutarochads rise up!

Attached: 409erudaoeq3.jpg (1202x679, 116.26K)

Oh shove a sword up your ass, you dumb fag. I'd have happily backstabbed the slayers to help the siblings. I don't care about their sins, they deserve happines.

True, I guess. At least KnY executes its antagonists. I'll give it credit for that.

Meanwhile mass murderers in other shonen like naruto often get away with just a slap on the wrist.

reminder that pouf is one of the best written villain in battle shounen

Attached: pouf.jpg (1024x867, 276.63K)

The two of them in particular also demonstrate that Tanjiro and Nezuko could have easily ended up on the other side of the war. Rui was another foil for Tanjiro showing just how much strenght Tanjiro drew from his family, alive or dead, while Rui was an empty shell of a person playing pretend through fear.
It's kind of embarrassing how hard people on Any Forums get filtered by shonen manga aimed at preteens. Bleach has the same issue of people not even applying a modicum of critical thinking.

Mild spoiler, those men were children once and they aren't/weren't the way they are simply because they want to for no reason.

I always felt the point of these moments were less about convincing the viewer to directly sympathize with the demons for its own sake and instead was more about giving a viewer a better understanding of Tanjiro's compassion. And I think his statement to the two demons and the ending of Gyutaro's vision illustrate that viewpoint well. No one will forgive you and you're rightly going to hell but you should at least do so together. Mugen Train makes pretty explicit how saintly Tanjiro is in some ways.