Why is it that there are no sites with free manga in Japan?

In the west, it's easy to find sites where you can read manga free. However, searching for such sites in Japanese results in 0 results. Are the Japanese this honest, or am I missing something?

Attached: 1625230051582.jpg (1050x1515, 391.34K)

it has to do with prosecution.
It is always easier to get into trouble if the copyright you are breaking is local.
That's why so many websites for torrents of American movies have Russian domains.
That's why the Japanese use the international nyaa to download anime.

Japan is harsh on piracy websites hosted in Japan. You won't find them easily on search engines.

You can find any manga you want in a 5 minute walk to a mangacafe in most cities

Mangamura, a pirate manga site was run by japanese people who worked in the manga distribution chain. Got tackled down by japanese FBI and their members might face a life of imprisonment.
Site was uttershit tho, infested with ads, low res scans and watermarked to boot.

To expand on this, American comics. Good luck finding an English based website to read free comic books online.

It's actually really easy to find comic books online now.

There are tons of official free manga sites.
And manga is so cheap, why wouldn't you pay for it?

This piracy it's a distribution problem

It's not a "problem", when the alternative is also free.

Japan will kill you/jail you for piracy. They're so tight. Look at that guy who sold switch, that falls under piracy, Nintendo got him even if he tried escaping to another country

Attached: file.png (605x362, 338.68K)

Same reason disney isn’t available here.

Doesn't solve the fact that japanese material is hard to find.

It's not hard to find at all.

i wnder too

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1483339589863.jpg (663x511, 55.86K)

They're just rangebanned, likely. You could avoid those filters the same way you could anything else.

????? have zero problems finding raws. first search I get bought me to where I am reading stuff.

>However, searching for such sites in Japanese results in 0 results

Unironically just lurk more

Either you are eating shit or you pay money. All pirate sites have terrible quality in comparison to what's commercially available.

>terrible quality
the fuck you define for terrible?
What, you want manga in 4k?

Attached: 1636094490019.jpg (844x1200, 704.08K)