What are your thoughts on the macross series, overall?

what are your thoughts on the macross series, overall?
i'm almost at the end of delta and have enjoyed it so far, frontier was garbage, zero was boring, 7 was great, plus was god tier, SDF was 10/10 amazing tier

Attached: ezgif-2-4f72602a11.gif (900x700, 3.62M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1WuA_dav88
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't see how anyone can enjoy delta.

OP here
i like cute anime girls but i don't like stupid ass green haired lolis like in frontier

Attached: macross7-anime.gif (400x302, 711.34K)

SDF, 7, Plus, and Frontier are great, Zero isn't, Delta was just okay.

I watched macross plus movie and it didn't convince me to watch the rest of the series. j-pop and sci-fi don't mix. It's a forced promotion of roastie japanese idols. I don't listen to that music anyway. As for plot it seems mature on first look but the mcs act like children.
>THEYRE GOING TO TAKE AWAY MY JOB WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I WILL DEMOLISH THEIR CONCERT AND COMMIT GREVIOUS CRIMES
>NO I'M NOT GOING TO BE SATISFIED WITH SIMULATION GAMES WAAAHHHHHH
Plot could be about something actually rrelevant in today's world but what is the answer from chink movie? that Mcdonald workers should steal property of Mcdonald and protest violently on the streets?

honestly, you probably made the best possible move, SDF and plus were amazing, everything after that is boring at best
i only enjoyed delta because i like Freyja

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that 7 is great and even if you disliked delta and frontier you should give it a go
youtube.com/watch?v=-1WuA_dav88

Delta is so dumb. It's literally just a rehash of old ideas executed poorly. Frontier was good, Sheryl a best.
Dynamite 7 is the best Macross, no contest.
Singing space whales > anything
I recently rewatched Macross Plus though, so I've been on an Info High for some time now.

what in your opinion sets dynamite 7 apart from macross 7? i loved both, to be clear

Let's be honest, no one really wants to listen to Basara's song

Singing to space whales is more interesting than a conflict against interdimensional vampires.
Basara stubbornly trying to communicate through song instead of violence reaches its peak when he succeeds in making the whales respond to his song.
I consider Angel Voice to be one of, if not, the greatest song in Macross.
In fact, the act of Basara singing to communicate with seemingly mindless aliens had me thinking that he might be the only person who could've flown before the Bird-Human and not be seen as a Kadun. Basara is the purest of heart, never wavering, only singing.
And it made the rewatch of Frontier all the more painful because I kept thinking about how Basara would've approached the Vajra problem.
Also
>mfw Angel Voice

Attached: [Pineapple_Salad]Macross_Dynamite_7_04_(A43C3403).mkv_snapshot_20.12_[2018.11.17_01.11.46].jpg (1440x1080, 116.28K)

i want to listen to Basara's song

Attached: leaf.gif (360x270, 1.68M)

I love Plus and DYRL. I watched Robotech a long time ago and didn't remember anything so I then watched the original Macross. Not that good. I also watched Zero and the Frontier movies which are terrible. I have no interest in watching anything else from this franchise.
Do you plan on watching Macross II? It was infamous back in the day.

Attached: 与作 - 超時空要塞マクロスの打撃フォーム_p0.jpg (800x1137, 347.13K)

Speaking of Kaduns, what's up with the Windermereans having that word in their language and the Rudanjaar Rom Mayan, the same Mayan as Mayan Island?

Go watch Plus and masturbate to your favorite virtual idol: Sharon Apple.
>Zero and Frontier movies are terrible
Zero is great, and you can't watch the Frontier movies without the TV series. You need the TV series in context to properly enjoy the movies as they cut too much exposition in favor of action and concerts.
How do you even hate Zero?
Seeing Roy fight in the unification wars was nice, building additional foundation for Frontier is also nice.
And not to mention that Dr. Hasford did nothing wrong.
Humanity should've been destroyed.
Delta demonstrates this quite well.

Attached: Macross_Zero_Ep05_Birdman_[720p,BluRay,x264]_-_THORA_00:20:42.115.png (1280x720, 991.51K)

yeah, i have lovers again ready to watch after i finish Delta but if i'm being 100% honest i'm kinda hesitant after hearing that it wasn't directed by kawamori, still gonna watch it anyway though, alongside the rest of the super dimension series

I enjoyed Delta because the main couple are so natural with each other.

It's about time we get a Macross with no idolshit for a chance.

Honestly, Freyja and Hayate are the only good thing about Delta, everything else is shit. But at least the two are cute together.
Still hurts to see Mirage fucked over though. Like, there wasn't even a contest.

Attached: 1469454727317.jpg (1280x4319, 880.08K)

>Frontier movies without the TV series
I was under the impression they were some sort of compilation. I knew who the characters were. I had seen a couple of the initial episodes of the TV series and chose to watch the movie instead. Bad decision.

Back in the day it was hated. Today people say it is just mediocre or unmemorable.

I really enjoyed the 1st half of Delta. The remainder was absolute dogshit, even the dog fights were bad compared to the 1st half

It is some kind of compilation, one that alters the story and leaves out a lot of background details which are arguably necessary to understand the overall story.
>Back in the day it was hated.
I still hate it. In fact, my rewatch of most of the franchise makes me hate it even more because I now realize just how much had been copied without building upon it.
It doesn't help that the TV series ends before the conflict is fully resolved.
Let's see how Zettai Live!!!!! resolves the UN-Windermear conflict, if it does at all.
I never liked the choreography of the fights in Delta, if I'm honest. The fights in Zero and Frontier felt way better. I can't really explain it as I like the technical expertise but it's just a feeling I had. The VFs have more polygons and better textures but the way they move just feels worse than before.