Claymore

I just read claymore because I heard it was like Berserk for girls.

But being honest I think it's better than Berserk

Attached: claymore.jpg (1213x816, 170.96K)

I was considering reading it. How often does it have detailed panel spreads like Berserk or AoT?

Not super often at first, but there are tons in the second half. What really appeals to me about its art though compared to AoT or Berserk is the consistency in even the non-detailed panels. There's just a soft, careful emotion in the linework even in the earlier chapters-- picrel is from chapter 8 but you can still see how carefully its drawn.

Attached: 28.jpg (728x1086, 143.97K)

Claymore is awesome.

POST HEADPAT SLUTS AND MOMMY

Attached: hp.png (916x1048, 460.6K)

Fucking love his art

Attached: y3PD2St.jpg (2988x5312, 1.25M)

Attached: nattoli.net_photo_standard_norihiro_yagi_claymore_illustrations_memorabilia_5504_nat_preview-7d8f986c.jpg (985x659, 160.04K)

Attached: file.png (850x1175, 1.2M)

Teresa is my wife (dead)

just got a fountain pen for the first time, tried sketching clare to test it out

Attached: PXL_20220212_060234896.jpg (1187x1443, 285.6K)

Best girls incoming

Attached: pride.jpg (1019x6115, 1.78M)

Can't recall the frequency but they are pretty great.

Attached: 1627984198772.jpg (2037x1528, 3.67M)

It is. The characters can all hold swords properly, the line count isn't so insane that it prevents shading, and it's not bara.

Berserk is a 7/10.
Claymore is a 5/10.

And yet I'd take the trash art of Martial Peak over it every day just to have a chapter every 8h instead of 1M.

Pretty solid manga throughout. Anything similar to this?

okay whats YOUR favorite dark fantasy manga then

it has its wandering and drop off phase like many manga's, but at least they didn't take us off the island (yet) into irrelevant nonsense like so many other stories

what manga would you recommend then?

I'm sure there would've been parts that would've frustrated me if I had been reading it as it came out but I read it all in two sittings so any wandering felt like it righted itself back to the main story pretty quickly. I liked all the background vignettes, it kept a loose feeling to the story during time skips while allowing for character development for characters that didn't need or have any in the "present" time

Claymore is mid, not better than berserk tho. they just copied the concept in a poor fashion at times and it lacked originality at many places. its a 6/10, while Berserk will be 8/10.

besides berserk, nothing super similar that i can think of. Though while I was reading, Nausicaa did remind me of it at times though with its scale and religious/angelic imagery

i loved Berserk, but post the golden age arc (and especially near the end) there was so much stuff added that the story started to feel disconnected. Claymore I feel does a better job at keeping itself consistent and on track, even if it at the cost of anything too out of the ordinary.