Why did Danganronpa 3 suck so much?

Why did Danganronpa 3 suck so much?

Attached: 1612161871423.jpg (636x718, 30.54K)

Because the entire Danganronpa franchise is inherently bad and anything good about it happened by accident.

Danganronpa doesnt work as anything other than a game.

Literal cashgrab sequel, glad V3 took a dump on this series

One of the best series to watch with you chucklefucks while it was airing.

It had an excellent starting setup for events to follow but failed to follow up with any of the potential it led off with.
>Side: Despair
>Let's watch the events that predicate the events of SDR2, beginning with the cast we know after completing the game as Ultimate Despairs, but before their downfall. Their interactions will be foremost here and they use their abilities regularly.
>Side: Future
>Let's watch the havoc still remaining in the world after the events of the Tragedy. We'll show you from the perspective of a currently tense and generally irritable Future Foundation we generally do not recognize, but also toss in the notion that they've been infiltrated and are being set against one another for Ultimate Despair's last gambit.
It was like watching someone get ready to do a marathon take off in full sprint, stumble onto their face after a minute or so running, and then limp the rest of the way, periodically sitting down or coughing up blood. The memes as a result of the absolute senselessness of the show are a testament to how much fun watching an absolute train pileup with Any Forums is.

I liked it personally

I didn't play it, how does it do that? Isn't it just the same thing again?

Because Sayaka wasn't the main girl

Attached: 1644634426877.jpg (300x300, 51.01K)

Leave before it's spoiled for you.

Attached: 1607382712026.jpg (1181x1654, 162.27K)

It misses the point of Dananronpa 3. I was super impressed by V3 and the more I think about the ending the more I love it.

I don't want to play it

Akudama Drive is a better Danganronpa and has a better "muh edgy psycho" character than any of the annoying tryhards in Danganronpa.

I wasted $40 on that game. Fuck V3. The first half was just boring with some of the worst characters in existence (fuck you Atua bitch), and the finale had "lol I am the mastermind" come out of nowhere. Cases dragged out so badly. At least the soundtrack was really nice.

Eh, it's some kind of meta over stuff that never really mattered. It acts as if danganronpa was always some masterpiece and V3 is a dissection of it. Kinda stupid because it acts like DR could never have another story other than the same Junko shit over and over, like it could have a different story each game but oh well, the guy who made it wants to make murder mysteries and that's it

It exist purely to help hide the twist of V3 titles.

You know why

If you actually enjoyed the ending of V3 you're a pseud dumbass. It was legitimately just the creator throwing a hissy fit because his game was popular. The only positives from that game were Miu and Tojo

All maids deserve rape. The fact that she wasn't raped is a major downside.

>failed to follow up with any of the potential it led off with.
I say this as someone who actually likes DR3, forcing each story to be only half of a series was the mistake, so much more could have been done if they actually had the full amount of episodes for each story. The future arc doesn't need it as much, but the prequel side definitely does.

Danganronpa is actually a show and everyone loved it so much to the point they made a truman-esque reality show about it. All applicants (willingly) get brainwashed and sent to an isolated facility to experience the real Danganronpa. V3 is the most recent season of the reality show.
It feels like the creator regretted turning it into a franchise but whatever. Danganronpa sucks when it tried to be epic anyway, props for him pulling out early.

She had the most brutal treatment in the whole series to be fair

All of the bad part of the franchise, mainly the Hope vs Despair shit, and none of the cases part which what most came for.

Sure, but still

Attached: RAPE THE MAIDS.jpg (1280x1281, 210.14K)

>the worst characters in existence (fuck you Atua bitch)
Jesus christ, how are they so fucking bad?
>wacky lie kid who would have gotten his ass kicked the minute the first trial ended just for being an annoying little cunt and fucking with people's lives. How did we go from Byakuya and Nagito to this retard?
>haha atua am I right, this joke is so funny
>tsumugi who's just annoying as fuck by default
>tenko who's only two identities are hating men and loving himiko
>rantaro who people are obsessed with despite having zero personality
>that one edgy cunt who only exists to say edgy shit 24/7
>moody tennis gnome who I forgot and had to look up the cast to remember

It was alright until the ending, I'll at least give it that. The male casts outshines the female casts for once. Ending went pure meta like the other anons said. The worse part was all that build up, up to that point meant nothing because it felt like something much grander was happening or about to happen.

I don't get the hate on V3's characters. They're just about as annoying and cringe as the previous games' cast.

>it felt like something much grander was happening or about to happen.
This is why writers should stop trying to do a meta ending. They still have to write the world like normal to make the ending stand out, but it will always come out like a cop out because nothing matters.