Berserk is undeniable proof that Isekais can be good storytelling too

The protagonist in Berserk was at first living a mundane life as a soldier, but then he gets sent to a parallel World from which he cannot escape: The Interstice; Even though this World is bad, and filled with demons, it's still an isekai, by definition. And yet Berserk is lauded as some kind of masterpiece of storytelling, why do people bash isekai so much then?

Attached: pima69kovhk41.jpg (732x1100, 236.85K)

This post must've been a banger in your head but the execution sucks. 4/10.

fpbp
OP is guzzling cum as usual

The peak of Isekai is Army of Darkness.

This post is garbage and not worth discussing. My main thought about Berserk is that I'll never forgive Miura for dying before finishing the story, or even leaving behind notes of where the story was going. He probably would have finished it if there weren't so many hiatuses.

you're probably one of those retards who uses the word native isekai seriously

what?

Isekai is not a personality
Do not revolve your life over such a shitty genre

Attached: 1589066171581.jpg (1080x845, 338.72K)

fpbp

OP are you ok? Have you taken your daily dose?

Attached: meds-forever-pills-feature_1320W_JR-2.png (1320x874, 276.8K)

i have a question, is The Matrix isekai or not?

Attached: matrix.jpg (311x445, 27.3K)

There are some great isekai way back like Planet of the Apes and Alice in Wonderland. The best one is still The Wizard of Oz though

The fuck is a native isekai?

it's reverse isekai

>isekaifags are so desperate for approval they'll start bastardizing beloved lore

Spirited away is my favorite isekai

Fantasy setting

It's specifically referring to stories where a character is transported to a fantasy setting

Cool but Berserk isn't a isekai sooooo...thanks for nothing i guess?

Originally, it was just normal fantasy

But you can now use the term legitly to define fantasy crap that still follows the exact same tropes

that reminds me, japan always like to reference alice in wonderland but i can't remember if they've ever done an adaptation of it

What would a modern japanese portrayal of it look like?

Berserk was only decent for the first 15 volumes, then it became unironically isekai shit with the same tropes

There are some manga adaptations for it but it mostly just devolves into female self insert fujoshi bait, everyone else turns into a fucking love interest and it becomes a harem. The most interesting one was actually a doujin that had some pretty nightmarish stuff in it

Regular fantasy that follows the tropes of Isekai.