What do you think of rimuru as a character and how does he compare to other mcs in the genre?

What do you think of rimuru as a character and how does he compare to other mcs in the genre?

Attached: 6D0194FB-4CFB-4D1D-AF63-105479053218.jpg (700x490, 281.82K)

awfully, he's a megalomaniac supervillain who can never face repercussions for his bullshit and he gets off of other people suffering just because he wants revenge. He's OPM or Mob without the character arc around his weakness

He never grows either

Too much of a retard, I know it's for comedic purposes but if he just listens to Raphael for once he wouldn't be in half the shit he finds himself in. Also he's too much of a beta when dealing with women, he's their literal God and he acts like he's below them it's annoying.

breeding rimurus bp

Too beta, but I guess that's an improvement over there average retarded isekai MC

My first time watching this series was while I was working on the Brazilian dub of this show, and I thought he was a girl at first because they cast a female VA.

There's five different versions of Rimuru, every adaptation ended up having a distinct personality:

Anime: Loli slime Jesus, a cutesy inspirational figure.

Manga: A way more badass version of anime Rimuru (still cutesy though).

LN: Acts solely to strengthen his position, and has few moral qualms about what he does; much like Ainz Ooal Gown, but slightly more human.

Diaries (anime): A childish figure who really enjoys all the new opportunities and friends they have. (pic related)

Diaries (manga): Easily the most complex version of Rimuru, showing all of his contradictory aspects; he's old and a child, he's part Satoru and part Shizu, he's the ruler of a country with many friends and a lonely office worker.

My favourite is obvious in how I've written this: The Slime Diaries Manga.
As for the reason there's five distinct versions of the character, it's because Fuse is terrible at writing emotions and personalities, meaning that anyone making a visual adaptation has to figure out how to flesh out Rimuru's character so he's no longer a blank slate.
Unfortunately, a lot of people act like LN Rimuru (the worst, most shallow one) is the true Rimuru, because people are used to the idea that when a novel is adapted the novel is always a more complete story than the adaptation. That's not true for Slime, due to Fuse's failings as a writer; I'd say that the manga feels like a more complete story, as the story has been touched upon by writers who can fill in the gaps left by Fuse.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-01-22-21h36m17s620.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

he is just the average isekai MC
OP as fuck, never in real danger, suffers no hardships, no personality, no growth, gets everything thrown in his lap, EVERYONE wants to fuck him

What about webnovel?

Well damn. I only read the novel and watched the anime I didn’t know he was written differently several times. That explains why he seems so different in the anime compared to the novels. I will have to check out slime diaries and the manga if that’s the case:

As I said, the LN has terrible emotion and personality writing, because it's the only canon story written solely by Fuse with no touchups from other writers.
The WN (which is non-canon) was also written solely by Fuse, except he was less experienced as a writer at the time. Characters behave in completely unbelievable ways.
I've only read bits and pieces of the WN, but that's because it's not worth reading, it's trash.

Rimuru cute! Cute!

Attached: 72339261_p0.jpg (1135x1702, 635.79K)

He's like the MC of isekai smartphone but shit

>My first time watching this series was while I was working on the Brazilian dub of this show
brazilian Rimuru: "huehuehuehuehue"

Probably the best Isekai mc out there when looking at the manga (or diaries)

As a character, Rimuru is the kind of person that I simply want to fuck senseless. I hold this desire to the point that I really don't care about other MCs in the genre and anyone that I'm watching still takes a back seat in my mind, so I can't compare him to others. Rimuru has stoked in me a semi-permanent coomer mind-fog that keeps me from fully focusing on or enjoying anything, but fanart of female Rimuru getting railed, facialized, put on display as a little girl and spunked on, etc. At this point, I'm barely functional as a human being and I may need help.

Attached: 636be2c75daf0ed3ba81150529ddb4d9.jpg (1536x2048, 219.2K)

Post your collection uwu

Attached: 69657422_p2.jpg (800x744, 550.72K)

Good idea

Attached: sample-f1e4c144004285e2511b57955a4a6fdc.jpg (1062x1000, 154.84K)

I have only seen the anime, and here are my feelings based on each season.
Season 1
>Oh great, Rimuru is one of those power fantasy mc's, who always has things turn out the best way for him. He always gets the women, the ultra super strong allies, and wins at everything.
Season 2 part 1
>Hey look, actual challenges, stakes and situations where he either can't win, or has to make the hard choices
Season 2 part 2
>Fucking hell, it's back to him winning at everything, coming out of each situation with more waifus, and making more super powerful friends.
At this point he is just a vanilla mc, of a very boring power fantasy. All he has going for him, are his looks. At least Ainz is a bit more interesting, because he is an evil piece of shit. Rimuru is just boring.

I've been reading the LNs all week and LN Riumru does kind of suck. Theres at least some personality there, but he's like, psychotically lazy when it comes to "thinking", but really hard working otherwise. It just makes him seem insane, basically. He's not even dumb, even without Best Girl Raphael, he just actively avoids critical thinking at all times if he can help it.
Also he's a complete dick to Milim 100% of the time and she honestly doesn't deserve that.

Attached: 5ddd3646818ff42eb6410d10f58e2dec.jpg (800x1000, 148.25K)