Can anyone tell me the artistic intent in Evangelion with camera angles like this?

Can anyone tell me the artistic intent in Evangelion with camera angles like this?

Attached: on7bfr1toix11.png (1009x670, 596.37K)

it illustrates the question of Shinji's sexuality.

Ass is art.

Evangelion was once a horror anime, you know.

In all seriousness it does kind of emphasize Shinji's passive nature to have him take up a tiny chunk of the screen compared to Misato.

Not only does it show how overwhwlmed Shinji is by Misato's presence. It shows how pent up he is. His whole life he has never had any way of releasing tje tension inside his heart. When he sees the picture of misato at arouses him. The time comes when he and Misato begin living together. What Shinji needa in his life right now is a maternal figure. Something he has been missing all his life. He needs someone who will huh him and tell him he is (not) alone. Camera Shots like this are done to show just how out of place shinji is in this environment. Not only is she not very motherly. Misato also wears provocative clothing that Shinji cannot ignore. Shinji is disconnected. He does not know what is going on. Or how to go about the entire situation. All he can do is stare timidly in silence. Forever observing.

Truly a masterpiece of a franchise. God bless Anno.

I feel like you’re overanalyzing a fan service ass shot of misato lmao, but good thinking.

Although comedical, the image composition is clean; fanservice was one of the more planned selling point of the series.

misato is kind of a slut

It's the dichotomy of Misato and Shinji.
Misato being the adult, has more power over Shinji, the child; and thus is depicted as larger and is seen lording over Shinji.
The fuck am I talking about, it's all about DAT ASS! Shinji should have tapped dat when Misato offered

Is this show actually good? Never watched a second of Eva.

Shinji is a teenager living with a sexy young woman, so the camera shows her as a sexy young woman. It's quite straightforward. The backstory and her perspective get revealed later.

Impossiburu.

When your dick is hard, your standards fall. It makes you enjoy worse things more.

I think he's pretty right. Like obviously they were also motivated by wanting to appeal to coomers, but it's a two birds with one stone kind of thing.

poopa

her backstory was revealed quite a few times

he's right but not because anno planned it so well, he had a good crew and incredible luck

the number of people trying to give a deep answer to this is embarrassing. it's fan service, the intellectual nonsense you come up with afterwards is irrelevant.

Misato has a great ass.

Attached: 33302a76db4218a99e7c69e20787ca34.jpg (736x817, 35.35K)

making boys going through puberty getting turned on