Any Forums told me old anime was better

>Any Forums told me old anime was better
>they have barely any animation, mostly panning and slight movements, camera tricks, all sorts of ways to cut corners
And this is from the 90s, from a big studio (Sunrise)

Attached: 1630864368077.webm (960x700, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P-bILmU5YEU
youtu.be/RQP473t6Ud4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its called SOUL
retard soullet

The artwork and storytelling are just superior. A lot of what they make also has sex appeal to it.

>barely any animation
Cherry picking, try watching more than a couple

The irony of this post

Wing is unintentionally hilarious though so it's OK in my book.

You need to go back a bit further. The best decades for anime were the 70s and the 10s, everything in between is a mess.

youtube.com/watch?v=P-bILmU5YEU
Look at this cherry I just picked.

I don't think this scene really comes together unless you hear the music that drops right when he said "I'll kill you"

Gundam Wing was a production nightmare and probably has the laziest animation of the entire franchise.

Arabic Opening is kino though
youtu.be/RQP473t6Ud4

SOVL

Wing is one of the worst examples you can use, it's stock footage galore and there's only a few episodes that have decent animation. 90's sunrise is hit or miss with some entries being good and others being bad due to lack of budget.

>old good new bad thread
>100s of replies
>new good old bad thread
>always dead

Explain yourself Any Forums?

Attached: 1f2d37ee7fa81ec9c2357822be35404c3113e3fd8379df062accaf7d53e0ca53.png (960x720, 626.91K)

>old bad, new bad; non existent
Life's unfair man

We get plenty of both but a lot of the times they get nuked since it's just a bait thread like this one with hardly any actual discussion.

New good old bad is just a blatant shitpost that people automatically dismiss it, old good new bad has some truth to it so you get heated discussion.

Old good new bad is just blatant bait so you get all the kiddies shitposting and pretending to be oldies, new good old bad is true so people don't feel the need to add to it.

Old good new bad is false and wrong. The correct answer is Old bad New bad.

i like that cherry

I'll take an 80s slideshow any day over the mediocre, uninspired, plastic-looking digital crap we get today. Even the cheapest productions in the cel era had nice organic-looking painted backgrounds, consistent composition, and some thought put into the camera work. I have become so accustomed to CG replacing 2D animation for everything from vehicles to animals that when I watch "old" anime (even early 2000s) and a crowd is not a bunch of copy-pasted 3D models, it stands out.

Huh, for me it's the opposite. I'd rather deal with a plastic CGIfest than with the writing of the average 80s OVA.