Berserk

Can you name a more unfortunate franchise?
>Two adaptions of a flashback arc
>Main stuff gets adapted, no one watches it because it's so shit
>Manga author dies before finishing it up

Attached: 1644588506859.jpg (1280x719, 69.07K)

Don't remind us

Attached: 1636278757656.png (978x730, 576.03K)

Hunter X Hunter

No, and I want to forget Berserk, so it stops hurting.

I'm not a struggler and I can't be. Life is shit.

>>Two adaptions of a flashback arc
it's the only good arc
>>Main stuff gets adapted, no one watches it because it's so shit
all the """main""" stuff is edgy garbage and just taints the masterpiece that is the GA arc
>>Manga author dies before finishing it up
nothing of value was lost, the manga stopped being good decades ago, I'm sad he died but I doubt it would've made a difference

How can it taint something if it comes before it
Life magnificently parallels it doesn't it?

Snk

>How can it taint something if it comes before it
in the same way a shit ending can retroactively ruin a good manga.

>How can it taint something if it comes before it
if you're referring to the blackswordsman volume that comes right before the golden age flash back then that first volume had more soul than everything post-eclipse. (except the prison short story with guts & the fairy)

Attached: 6f8.png (322x340, 68.75K)

Kinda wish we got more of those

Attached: Phee.jpg (1132x1600, 251.42K)

Berserk was good all along. Stop being nitpicking assholes.
> but muh latest stuff
Was a nice change of peace and extremely well drawn.

Damn, those lolis...

I really want to disagree, but I simply cannot. You cunt. If Miura didn't fuck around after the Golden Age arc and actually delivered on a proper epilogue, then Berserk would be held as a true classic. Maybe Guts should have died during the Eclipse?
Anyway, Golden Age being as good as it was is a fluke. Miura was better at writing a medieval drama than a dark fantasy. Ultimately, he just cared about drawing. The plot was always on the side for him.

Attached: 1639965806332.gif (267x200, 1.59M)

this
i read berserk for the first time last year and all i can say is that everything after the golden age is just meh in terms of writing
yeah sure the art is gorgeous but nothing surpasses the character drama of the golden age

The more I re-read lost children arc the less I like it, it feels like a battle shonen arc, the fight with the apostle was way too long and there was just too much talking, also the whole portrayal of Guts as the bad dude because of circumstances (e.g the monsters turning back to kids after he kills them) was just all over your face and felt extremely forced compared to the first arc where we sympathize with an apostle who refused to sacrifice his daughter out of love and gets killed by Guts, the expression he gives after the girl loathes him for it was honestly top tier writing.
I think my favorite part post-eclipse is the meeting between Guts and Griffith at the hill of swords.

Berserk is the best example showing how the anime industry is full of brainlet hacks, basking in reflected glory from mangakas

Bakuman also shows how mangakas are also hacks, grinding for ranking only for some clout

Lost children > Black swordsman > Golden Age > Inquisition Tower > shit

Those that disagree are tasteless retards

>golden age below anything
you have to be +18 to post here

It was all this guy's fault

Attached: IMG_20220125_192201.jpg (920x525, 80.8K)

kys normie, at least get your facts stright

Where did I not get "stright"?

Isayama tanked his own franchise on purpose. Miura just became a bigger and bigger lolifag as time went on.

eh i hate the trope but Berserk truly was
>so bad it was good

the threads were really fun

>edgy garbage
Literally the opposite. GAfags seethe that guts's party members live and that he cares about them instead of ripping off their heads and bathing in blood
>maybe guts should have died during the eclipse
Another absolute retard who doesnt immediately realise why that would be nonsensical. Where did you subhuman morons come from?