Did anyone else love the show but hate the movie?

I hate that they made the love between Violet and Gilbert romantic. Not only is that kinda disgusting considering the age gap, but it removes a layer of depth and drives home the modern hyper-sexualized view of love. The movie also ruined Violet's character development IMO cause she seemed to have finally gotten over the fact that the major was gone.

Attached: VioletEvergardenMovie_BackgroundwLogo.jpg (2000x1200, 1.06M)

Loved the show and loved the movie even more.
>The movie also ruined Violet's character development IMO cause she seemed to have finally gotten over the fact that the major was gone.
Watch the series at 1x speed next time

I agree, KnY is much better.

The age gap was the only good thing about the show tumblrwhale

The only part of this argument that is semi-reasonable is her character development, and it didn't ruin it, even if it did cheapen it in a sort of have your cake and eat it too way where she has to move on but gets him back regardless. The "age gap" and anti-romance position is absolutely retarded though and you should be ashamed for posting it.

Attached: DXPLjRrW4AE-XZs.jpg (1200x675, 119.64K)

Kill yourself redditor

>The movie also ruined Violet's character development IMO cause she seemed to have finally gotten over the fact that the major was gone.
She never got over that fact, she became aware that she might never get over it which what she accepted.

by the time they hook up she's 30 and he's 36. Thats not a creepy agegap

Personally I just found Gilbert’s actions really stupid.
And just like the show it is directed way too melodramatically for my taste.
No way the movie takes place 15 years after the show.

No, the movie is 10/10. If you think something was out of place then you understood jack shit about the show.

He's in his mid 30s, she's 18-ish. Nobody except b*rgers care about this.

Either a yurinigga or an incel. The whole thing was beautiful.

>I didn't understand her character
ok cool, next

she'd been an AMD for longer than she'd been a soldier

>I hate that they made the love between Violet and Gilbert romantic. Not only is that kinda disgusting considering the age gap, but it removes a layer of depth and drives home the modern hyper-sexualized view of love.
Kill yourself subhuman

nice headcanon

Ameritranny hands made this post.

>you din understand nuffin
nice comebacks folks

Watch episode 13 on 1x speed.

Violet was groomed and stayed a slave for ever. This was already evident in the anime the movie just confirmed it

Cheapens a bit the serie but otherwise worth it for the animation alone

grooming in this case being giving a woman a life she didn't know she wanted while the bitter roasties in the audience fantasize about taking it away from her

The melodrama with violet sucked.