So Naoko Kodama has a new title

底辺な僕らの事情 [“Our situation in the dregs”]

>Ichika is a high school girl who works as the lead of an underground girl band, but one day she's suddenly forced out of this role.
>At the same time, Nirai, a high school boy who has spent 377 800 yen on a VTuber idol is driven to despair over being treated as a mere pay object.
>With this terrible history, at their very bottom, what will happen when those two meet?

It thus far seems a big stylistic departure. Opposite-sex leads, and two chapters in no rape scene to be found.

Attached: 8079.jpg (384x516, 63.06K)

>Be female
>Make lead who complains that females treat males that don't look pretty as though they be dirt
>Make him pretty
>Treat all other male characters as though they be dirt.

Attached: literally_slashaslash.jpg (725x1024, 259.6K)

Who?

You know, pic related of legend and song.
Mostly known for rape, manipulation, utter pessimism, two female leads, rape, teenage pregnancy, deceit, stockholm syndrome, rape, drama, bad endings, rape, netorare, and every other good thing of culture.

Attached: based.jpg (550x783, 121.54K)

art is a lot better than sameface

It feels like Naoko's art didn't change at all since 2008 or something, very recognizable style.

Oh, I remember the anime
I liked it, what happened to the good guy on this one?,

There is no good guy yet.
Only two chapters are released, both one day after the other and they felt like half length and they're both called “act 1”, so cal it one chapter.

Both leads are unlikeable: Itika is a vindictive attention whore with temper issues and Nirai is an idiot who actually spent a fucktonne of money on a fake vtuber persona not realizing he was being exploited. That's all there is to it now; the second chapter ends with the revelation that they both go to the same school, as in they walk past each other in the final scene.

I do like that in Trap, the one good guy was left with nothing at the end. Sasuga Naoko.

I meant the guy from trap, I remember one of the boyfriends being a good guy and the other being a piece of shit

>I meant the guy from trap
That's “on that one”, I would say.
What happened is that he remained a virgin at the end with nothing. At the end he tried one more time to ask out Yuma, who gave it some consideration but still choose Hotaru, delicious.

You forgot boobs.

Attached: 1601938387198.png (1283x796, 519.95K)

>At the same time, Nirai, a high school boy who has spent 377 800 yen on a VTuber idol is driven to despair over being treated as a mere pay object.

What is this? Pay pig wakes up from his delusions?

Well he looked guy, so is not like he will have a hard time looking for another girl

Classic: the VTuber left the audio running after the broadcast on accident and it was revealed he was cohabitation with a male and discussed with said his “profession” and “income” in a business-like fashion.
The incels seeeeeeethed and he was cancelled and Nirai got pissed.

He looked average to below average.
But that's not even the big issue, he simply had nothing that made him interesting.
The story really highlighted the difference between him and Huziwara, yes, the latter was a jerk but he was also perceptive and had social skills: he focused his attention outwards, saw what bothered others and either used it to his advantage or helped him.
Takeda was inwards focused: most of his conversations were about himself; he mostly failed to notice what was troubling Yuma whereas Huziwara, who wasn't even that close to Yuma could see what was going on.
He may have been nice, but he wasn't perceptive and he was self-centred.

Isn't Kodama the same woman who wrote ? The one thing I couldn't understand about Netsuzou Trap is how Takeda is treated as an irrelevant background guy at worst, while I'm supposed to be rooting for Yuma to save Hotaru from her loveless relationship with Fujiwara, since the female bad guy we're talking about here is considered as the lesser of two evils, when compared to that white-haired bastard who's abusing her.

You're looking at it from the perspective of a happy ending.
Naoko wrote far worse things and this title is one of them. Both of the leads are introduced as utterly unlikable.
One isn't supposed to root for anyone; one is suppose to enjoy the fine drama.
Also, Huziwara best girl as far as I'm concerned. He stole every scene he's in, because he's the kind of arsehole that rarely talks, but when he does everything he says makes sense.

Attached: best_girl.png (600x337, 47.33K)

Wasnt the guy a popular baseball guy?

why do they always make this kind of shoujo-like shounen romance? just send this to shoujo magazines. is it for the money?

Mangaka do this all the time
>girl who complains about fanservice/moe has all her assets and moe points heavily emphasized during the scene
>girl who complains about the pain of big boobs always has it done for audience laughs or titillation so it's never taken seriously
>people complaining about the tragedy of violence and destruction in a goddamn battle shounen, which thrives off of leveling people and places

Because a lot of shoujo magazines have weird restrictions on what kinds of stories can be published there. And a lot of them have mutated to "romance/slice of life/dramedy/(maybe) horror ONLY" publications

Yuma was better at it than he was.
They met in the Baseball Club. It was never really stated how good he was at it except that Yuma was really good at it, and everything athletic, and better at it than he was.