Scanlation Thread

What programs do you use in your workflow?

Attached: photoshop.png (512x512, 26.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bookwalker.jp/deb52b8e53-6eed-459b-969a-71db565c1695/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DeepL + paint

Picasa.

Adobe Acrobat Reader

PowerPoint

Medibang Paint on my iPhone

CDisplayEx and Notepad++

pdflatex

Emacs with evil mode.

>CDisplayEx
what for? checking chapters after you're done?

He probably does TL only, and uses it to read the manga I'd guess.

Gimp
Only Gimp

COMMENTS WHEN?

right, makes sense.
not before hombre takes down the site again.

It's best to do that. One time I accidentally almost uploaded the cleaned pages to mangadex instead of the typeset pages. Because I did my final readthrough of the chapter I caught the mixup and uploaded the correct pages in the end.

I've seen people accidentally upload non-final pages that didn't have the beta read fixes applied. It can be fixed on mangadex, but by then most people will have already read the chapter and virtually no aggregator readers will update to the better version. Which is why I always advise people to make the first release the best it can be.

To add to this, a near trash level translation team translated the first 13 chapters of a series that I like. A better group picked it up and also went back and redid those early chapters. However, many aggregator sites still have the trash translations for the first 13 chapters.

noticed today that I accidentally uploaded a page that wasn't fully redrawn like 3 months ago. I'm more upset about it than I should reasonably be.

PS + esrgan + imgdanke + nexusfont for editing.
kanjitomo + rikaichamp or however it's called now + Google translate + my human brain for the rare cases when I feel an urge to translate some niche twitter comic.

I'm a translator. Every now and then I misinterpret a vague line here or there. I usually figure out the issue later on, but while I can update it on mangadex many readers on other sites will always see my initial misinterpretation.

Photoshop, DeepL, Word

Photoshop
And then Irfanview to batch convert from psd to jpg.

Also XnView

Always, ALWAYS check your typeset pages back-to-back with the RAW files. Even if you're extremely autistic, you WILL make small mistakes like leaving an empty bubble that doesn't even look like a bubble, forgetting to typeset some aside text you erased before, accidentally clicking with a brush in a wrong spot when redrawing, messing up the levels or using the bubble cleaning action on a bubble with an incomplete border. If you realize your mistake too late, it will haunt you until the day you die, and then you will go to scanlation hell.

ripper user-chama, if you would, please.
bookwalker.jp/deb52b8e53-6eed-459b-969a-71db565c1695/
or if possible all 4 volumes so I only have to beg once.