How do you develop good taste in anime?

How do you develop good taste in anime?

Attached: finalanime3x3.jpg (3264x2075, 2.2M)

bro, really ?
your other thread just got 404'd...

3x3 autists are the most insufferable posters on this board

This, what we need is 20 more SnK threads.

How important is it that your favorite anime are highly rated or well received by critics?

or more KnY threads

>watch shows
>think about what was good or bad about them
Most people fail at the second part because they can't think for themselves, like you and your 3x3 of the safest possible "everyone says I have good taste" shows.

Not being an actual nigger really helps.

Attached: 1639954582872.jpg (1774x682, 664.78K)

Just enjoy things, faggot.
Why do you want to live up to other's people's taste? Imagine being such an NPC.

Maybe stop shitposting first and foremost?

I don't think OP is actually posting his own 3x3 for a bait thread like this. If he is, he isn't particularly bright.

144 average IQ is pretty hi... oh, wait.

>75 average I.Q
No way this is real

Rurorin Kenshin OVAs and Redline are good. Char is good but not his serie. Rest is ZZZZzzzzZZZzzz. If having good taste means liking boring stuff then I have shit taste and I'm fine with it.

He's been posting constantly the last few days

You still haven't found a replacement for Zeta? You said it was the weakest choice.

Taste is subjective, you can fuck off now

Watch mecha

IQ measures purely logical reasoning in a relatively abstract sense. It's something that can be learnt, in particularly by engaging with and practicing mathematics, philosophy and to some extent literature and science. Which means that education does play a part, as does being raised in an environment that conditions you to spot patterns frenquently and encourages inquisitive minds. That also means that countries with a particularly low level of education and countries with a particularly high level of child poverty will produce lower average IQ scores overall, largely unrelated to their populace's natural intelligence.

>LoGH, U.C Gundam
>Hellsing
You develop it by gouging your eyes out first

snk posters are way worst

Gonna answer shit bait thread genuinely for giggles.
Feel free to call me a retard if you think this is stupid.
>Step 1: Watch things that you want to watch, that you think are cool and make you happy
>Step 2: Learn to properly experience a story. Suspend your disbelieve, try to figure things with the characters as if their well being rests on your understanding and solutions.
>Step 3: Learn and grow from the works you watch, expand your world view and incorporate lessons you learnt in one show to life and to your evaluation of other works
>Step 4: Look for works made by the same people, watch them even if you don't think you will enjoy them.
>Step 5: Rewatch some things and apply your new view onto them
Slowly but surely as you grow to become an individual you will grow your own taste and your own appreciation of well crafted anime.
That's all

Attached: lupin-the-third-make-it-rain-money.gif (320x230, 558.29K)

Alternatively, watch whatever is popular. The more people like something the higher the chance it's good.

Boy, I sure hope this is sarcasm.

You will eventually realize it's true. I also went through a hipster phase, it doesn't last forever.

A combination of high IQ, experience and wisdom. Low IQs can *never* develop good taste, they don't have the intellect needed to grasp true classics. Best for them to stick to simplistic stories with lots of action like Redline.

Yeah dude, one piece is clearly a much better work than nausicaa.
Based retard

Attached: 1643836711456.png (370x349, 219.67K)

You'd think someone with high IQ would appreciate the craftsmanship behind Redline, but if you say so I guess not.

>one piece is clearly a much better work than nausicaa.
That would be correct, yes. That doesn't mean nausicaa is bad--it is extremely popular too after all--it's just not as good.

Art direction and animation are not everything - but as I said, below a certain level of intelligence it's best to focus solely on flashy, shallow works as you won't be able to appreciate anything more substantial.

>Step 4: Look for works made by the same people, watch them even if you don't think you will enjoy them.
While this is somewhat sound advice and usually works to find things you'll enjoy, it can also lead to too much of a narrowminded approach. You can see what happens when people overdo that approach everywhere: Studiofagging in general, Annofags, Yuasafags, Ikuharafags and so on. Or outside of anime as well: Snyderfags, Marvelfags, Stephen King fanboys, Terry Pratchett fanboys. None of these fangroups are ever really openminded, nor are they easy to talk to.
Long story short: Your advice is good in principle, but can lead to horrible outcomes.