>Be Trigun in 1997/98:

>Anime adaptation under production by Madhouse
>Only has 20 chapters published before magazine got cancelled
>Madhouse decided to give it 26 episodes
>Received critical acclaim from everyone, and is seen as a pillar of 90s anime, as well as an all-time classic
How did they do it?

Attached: 18. Trigun.jpg (1200x1726, 630.48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NPDWuip1k5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

is it better than gungrave?

Haven't seen Gungrave yet, but Trigun is top-tier badass anime

Honestly my favourite 90s anime. Above ruroni kenshin or even bebop. If any other studio took over the project i feel like Trigun would've just meshed into a bunch of the other meh series that came out in the ladder half of the 90s.

SIXTEEN EPISODES OF FUCKING NOTHING.

youtube.com/watch?v=NPDWuip1k5o

>Only has 20 chapters
>Got 26 episodes
Imagine if this sort of thing happened these days.

Madhouse shits on other studios, simple as

wasn't Nightow involved with the production? The story was essentially a light version of the full one in the manga.
That said- I don't think I ever watched it- I found the manga first, so by default I liked it better having Yasuhiro full vision of the story

Milly? A best

>Above ruroni kenshin
The TV series is pretty mediocre with some pretty bad QUALITY at times, like one would expect from a long running shounen. Way too many still frames with a panning camera for the action sequences. The OVAs were top tier.

The manga got pretty insane and I don't think animation was evolved enough at that time to truly portray with Nightow's action scenes.

>Madhouse when it was just on the rise before its peak condition in 00s
>kuroda yousuke the cool guy doing over 9000 anime scripts
>amazing composer and guitarist tsuneo imahori
>stellar 90s seiyuu cast they don't make distinctive voice actors like that anymore
>nightow was involved in the production and gave them the outline for what happens in the manga(note that the manga ended 9 years later)
The only downside is low budget and some episodes look worse the other.

Yeah I figured as much, I do know lots of people complained about Trigun's action being unfollowable in the manga, so the Anime has that over it. But I found it and Maximum alright.
It's Kekkai sensen's action I find much harder to follow- because he's doing group battles more in it- where as Trigun was general 1v1 shows so i'm not left trying to figure out a bunch of simultaneous action.

Attached: ThisPageWasConfusing.jpg (3608x2336, 2.08M)

Trigun is one of the rare anime where comedy actually involves the dialogue being funny.

Not even Nightow was evolved enough to depict his action scenes.

>they don't make distinctive voice actors like that anymore
Why are "old good new bad" faggots so retarded? First of all they're not made in a lab, secondly, voice actors and composers which you also alluded to are as good as ever.

He was involved. It is essentially a light version, but it only got darker after the manga was picked up by a seinen magazine

>First of all they're not made in a lab
Are you autistic or something, "they don't make X like that anymore" is an old meme and a metaphor.

What's his name

Attached: archer.jpg (640x480, 46.82K)

Because "old good new bad" is literally true.

I'm aware, but it doesn't work in the context you used it in, X in this case is pretty much exclusively used to refer to a product of some sort.
With that said, if I didn't heavily disagree with what you were saying I'd never be pedantic enough to call out something so trivial.

Whatever your opinion is on modern anime there are some things which remains constant, nothing related to audio has declined.

>or even bebop
let's not go THAT far

bone of my gun