This will never be topped. Admit it, Any Forums. Anime peaked ages ago

This will never be topped. Admit it, Any Forums. Anime peaked ages ago.

Attached: akira-feature.jpg (960x500, 107.94K)

It's not even the best 1988 anime movie.

the peak of anime happens in 4163 CE

But other than visuals, Akira isn't even that good.

This was weak anywhere else but animation-wise even by the standards of the time. People only know this because the animation is decent and it got licensed in a time not much came to america.

Read the manga, tard

>animation was decent
No it was phenomenal for anime at the time. No need to be so contrarian all the time

I've read the manga, but OP is talking about the anime you mongoloid subhuman.

>mongoloid
>subhuman
Can't be both

Wrong.

Akira is an objectively terrible movie. Paper thin characters, characters with no character whatsoever, extremely thin plot. Akira is purely style over substance and it has all the problems that you'd expect from attempting to condense a long running manga into a 90 minute movie.
It's a purely visual experience. The animation is great, everything else sucks.

>Paper thin characters
>characters with no character whatsoever

Thank you for submitting your opinion to the Department of Redundancy Department. It has been discarded. Cunt.

It's shit.

Gunbuster came out in the same season. Miles more entertaining.

That isn't redundant, it's simply descriptive of two separate groups. The majority of characters are paper thin, some have no character whatsoever (Tetsuo's girlfriend for example). It's not my fault that you're an ESL.

>watches eyepatch wolfs video on akira once
>bros...anime is dead...

It definitely did but the isekai-addicted zoomies that make up most of nu-Any Forums have never seen anything older than they are.

Yeah but Gunbuster is an OVA and Akira a Movie.

I like it, but at the same time, I have only seen it a few times. The characters look kinda ugly and I never really cared for the story and characters that much to be honest.

In terms of best animated film, I would say it's a tossup with Ghost in the Shell or Vampire Hunter D bloodlust. But Akira is probably top 5 still. Ghibli films are up there too but sadly I find most of the actual stories kinda boring.

I would personally love to see some "top 10 best 2D animated films ever" lists out there.

Attached: 1437231375077[1].webm (868x480, 2.61M)

A movie doesn't need to fill some checklist on all of its components to be good. There is no cap to the quality of one of its aspects. If it gets a 10/10 for its animation, then the 3/10 it gets for its story hardly matters. Akira has superb animation and fantastic music. The characters, albeit largely underdeveloped in comparison to the source material, are likeable, and the plot is perfectly capable of justifying the superb animation on-screen.

What's retarded here isn't liking the movie that only offers great animation and sound, it's being so autistic that you aren't capable of appreciating something that doesn't neatly fulfill some arbitrary requirements for quality you made up.
>Extremely thin plot
Spectacular animation was specifically what the Akira anime was made for. If you want to experience the whole story, read the manga.

Attached: 1623163829747.webm (816x440, 2.7M)

btw, the 85 Vampire Hunter D film is quite nice and even somewhat under rated. It nowhere near as high budget or slickly animated as Akira or Bloodlust, but it's still pretty fun. It seems to be more true to the original series as well.

Attached: 1528926344745[1].webm (920x682, 2.74M)

>n-no story doesn't matter
Holy coperson.

Objectively the best looking anime film ever made. It mogged everything else that came out prior to it and afterwards. It's a once a decade medium changing work. It influenced everything.

Know what animators hate? Slow mo sequences. That means they have to animate twice as much. They'd much rather just animate it normally then slow it down. The film is filled with these kind of sequences where the animation flurishes are done just because they can and want to, not because it's needed. And narratively, it really gives impact where you actually feel sorry for the guy as you see him suffering in slow mo, only for Tetsuo to come along and bonk him in a potentially fatal blow. Even though he's such a minor figure, you're given enough to care about him and hope he survives.

Which is also a character definining movement. I don't think Kaneeda would have had this kind of viciousness.

Attached: mpv-shot0234.jpg (816x440, 47.23K)