Characters and Crying

Why is Any Forums so adverse to characters, especially male MC's crying?
No one wants characters that remain static and experience no emotion. People want external AND internal conflict.

But as soon as even one tear is shed, regardless of context, people freak the fuck out on here. Why is that?

Attached: tumblr_mv6pqn2kpz1r3p71oo1_500.gif (500x297, 1005.28K)

Fringe internet communities are usually full of insecure and easily hurt people. Why would they want to see what they are essentially running away from?

It's a bunch of newfags who whine and bitch that the main character isn't like them, where their dad beats them if they start crying.

>Why is Any Forums so adverse to characters, especially male MC's crying?
Eh, you're reaching user. The only main character I remember being called a faggot for crying is Deku and, to be fair, he cries all the fucking time everywhere. I don't remember people being mad about other MC's crying in dramatic moments, especially not like Simon did.

Attached: 1504102578775.jpg (576x1024, 102.53K)

Ranking of Kings is having a thread over crying right now.

>But as soon as even one tear is shed, regardless of context, people freak the fuck out on here. Why is that?
That's not what happens you disingenuous little shit.

Barely anyone complains if you have a manly character crying over losing someone or some other emotional moment.
The problem is the male MCs that cry over every little thing and are just complete faggots in general.

>Why is Any Forums so adverse to characters, especially male MC's crying?
nobody said that, kill yourself

>people are complaining about Ousama Ranking MC crying
>is a literal fucking kid
I went on that thread and that was literally only the OP complaining about the MC crying user. But let me correct the statement: when I said that, in my experience, most of the people on the board didn't seem to give much of a shit about the MC crying here and there, I didn't include the actually retarded and mentally ill in it.

Attached: 1503004951215.png (640x480, 219.13K)

I agree. And Any Forums also have this "stop seething about characters you don't like, even if they drag down the show for you" kind of mentality, and treats being rejected by someone you like as more traumatizing than losing your family. This place is called Any Forums, not Sibyl-chan.

Men should never cry. It's extremely unattractive.

>The problem is the male MCs that cry over every little thing
Even then this board loves kaiji and he cries just as much as deku if not more. If the character is well written and has reason to cry - like kaiji’s life being made worse at every opportunity - people don’t usually complain.

There are characters like Guts who shed a tear in very emotional moments and thus it's very meaningful and moving. And then we got shounen betas who act as sprinklers every other episode. Very hard to feel the emotion of the moment if the MC has the same response to everything

Literally who cared that simon was crying?
That episode was absokute oure kino

>>is a literal fucking kid
He's probably at least 13 or so. He's not at an age at which crying easily is appropriate.

You’d get emotional easily too if you were a deaf-mute turbomanlet. Any user with the same affliction would be too depressed to move yet the BOJJ is out there saving kingdoms and shit.

Here is your "I posted about same topic the entire day" medal

>But as soon as even one tear is shed, regardless of context, people freak the fuck out on here. Why is that?
Strawman, people dont get mad when a character cries for good reason, they hate beta bitch boy mc's who have crying as a main personality trait

In most cases that people complain about it their criticisms are completely true

this

yes is because kaiji is well written and has reasons to cry
is not that difficult to understand fag