Stupid Criticisms

What are some dumb criticisms you've encountered about anime/manga/ln you've watched/read?

Attached: Gintama-stupid-anime.jpg (740x370, 37.75K)

Forced Animation

Serial experiments lain is bad because it “doesn’t make sense”

>Monster should've been shorter
>Demon slayer should've been dragged out longer cause it's making money

> THIS GLASSES KID IS JUST SCREAMING NONSTOP

That Gundam’s about war

Too many to fucking count but one of the dumbest and still propagated criticisms over SAO is that the first arc villain "forgot his motivations".
There's a metric shit ton of flaws you can fault SAO for but this is by far one of the most famous and complete and utterly wrong.

"It's pretentious" with no further elaboration

Shitgeta never wins, this is so unfair, he's the MC, I'm fucking malding, etc

People are retarded but at least this one has a reason for existing since the way it was phrased was confusing to retards

>Serial experiments lain is bad because it “doesn’t make sense”
that´s true though, they just threw shit at a wall.
it´s kind of an prophetic anime masterpiece in the 90s if you havent red a philip k dick novel, but it had nothing to offer if you put aside the symbolism.
>>Monster should've been shorter
it should, it was like 20 episodes to long, but i like the mid 90s central european setting

I'm tired of people pretending like their arguments are not just them justifying why they feel the way they do. They feel first, the rest is just brain mumbo jumbo. I don't want to bother with dealing with people who think they are right just because they managed to put a few words as a barrier to their feelings. Real criticisms are too rare for that struggle to be worth it. I'm tired of being frustrated and disappointed and therefore I no longer care. So my answer is basically all of them. We're all too retarded.

>Character need aspiration to be regonised as shonen

>character is static so it's bad writing
>character isn't relatable so it's bad writing
>series is bad because i don't like it

take any criticism down to it's core and you usually end up at this point, like I said 2 posts above yours. Some are just better at convincing themselves and others that they're right for feeling that way.

>there is no antagonist or villain of the sort

Attached: 1632549938330.png (1440x1080, 1.71M)

>it was never good

Speaking of static, I kept debating about this thought. Characters like Biwa from Heike were really difficult to defend because of how near non existent her role was. I know she served as the audience surrogate or whatever you name it, so her presence was being put there deliberately, but people gave her crap for being unhelpful even though she was intended not to interfere the whole plot.

>nothing happens
Guess what kinds of series get this one

whoever said that about KnY deserved to be shot. RLD arc got unbearable to watch every week since the battle was made slow as shit by ufotable. God I hate this studio's slomo gimmick

One of the stupidest things I've ever heard comes from people whining over SAO. Like there's that one retard who argues SAO's simple User Interface is terrible because you have to swipe your hands and do some sort of motion and their alternative is that because they're already in VR and reading your brain, thought-based User Interface would be better and EASIER to do than the gesture-based GUI it has.
There's also one retard who argued nothing would have changed if Eugeo didn't exist for Alicization and that Kirito would magically find the Blue Rose Sword somehow and forge his Night Sky Sword from the Gigas Cedar for some fucking reason even without the BRS

Seen that in romcoms and fightans so I think it's rather common.

>Forced animation
Until now I still have no idea what it is, and even then, what I could gather doesn't even apply.

Overexaggerated animation where it's not necessary or even enhances the scene, it's just spending a lot of resources on trivial/mundane animation sequences that don't add a lot to the scene. As far as I understand it.

>character isn't relatable
Never understood this.

Was referring more to sol or cgdct. If "nothing" truly happens in romance or action then it might just even be a legitimate criticism, possibly. Some people just don't seem to grasp the concept that there can be a series without conflict or a dramatic pull

I agree 100%.

This is a valid one if a point is provided.

>iT's aNoTheR nOThiNG cHaPtER
When something clearly happened. It shows either they didn't read it or just wrote that to troll. I just hide the post so I never have to see it again.

Attached: 1641037709356.jpg (850x1512, 163.42K)

In case of flashy battle scenes, my rule of thumb is that if I could not see whatever the fuck they doing despite people saying it's "fluid", the action is truly forced.

>character is bad because he doesn't have development
>basically anything i generally read about animation
>people who can't read manga discussing manga paneling

It doesn't have any meaning, don't bother with anyone saying it.

Here's another one:
>this week's episode was narratively mediocre or meh
>the animation, however, was somehow above average
>WOOOAAAH FUCKIMG GOAT AMIMATION AOTD!! AOTD!!

this is why those oblivious sakugafags should never be trusted their opinion