Any Forumsdventure

Does anyone else feel as if there's not much of a sense of adventure and wonder in current anime/currently publishing manga?
Early One Piece or HxH when it was still publishing were good examples that really scratched that itch; but none of the current "big" shonen have that kind of vibe anymore.

Attached: 1626680244383.png (800x935, 301.42K)

>recent anime with sense of adventure
Made in Abyss, Girls Last Tour and err... I can't think anything else.

Not really adventure but Shimeji Simulation has a sense of wonder.

Attached: ShimejiCrack.jpg (2194x1262, 894.67K)

>shonen
What about Dr.Stone?

there's not much sense of that in real life
if the new space race does heat up it might help inspire some stuff

Pretty much this. Modern anime fans, or really consumers of genre fiction nowadays are more or less realists who don't mesh kindly with the more idealistic sense of wonder you find adventure.

Which begs the question of why they are even involved in these genres in the first place, but that's a different matter entirely.

But they certainly will vote with their wallet, hence why most productions focus more on "hype" shonen or romcoms/sol.

Which sucks, because the medium is capable of achieving incredible aesthetics that aren't so easy replicable with normal film, yet most work is spent on drab modern environments.

Attached: 46905476_p0.jpg (1200x1696, 1.03M)

Unironicly Jobless Reincarnation gave me that sense of wonder and adventure I've been looking for for so long

The anime toned down the world building to focus more on character interactions.

How depressing.

Not shone but it scratched my adventure itch

Attached: Drifting dragons.jpg (1080x1521, 815.53K)

"Current big shounen" is maybe half a dozen titles. Maybe look slightly further afield.

Because everything's been explored

Not really. Imagine pic related but in Amazon jungle.

Attached: 1633757265.jpg (1280x720, 73.13K)

Early HxH sucked donkey balls.

not even close

Because why adapt something hard when you can adapt something popular and cheap?

This doesn't make sense because you don't understand very basic things about how the industry works.

No, it's very simple. The longer the industry has been around, the more easy it is to forecast profits from a piece of work. That means increasingly less creative risks are made.

The amazon is boring.

There's Touge Oni but the scanlators only does the tankobon releases so the release schedule is sparse.