Just finished erecting these and couldn't see a shelf or collection thread

Just finished erecting these and couldn't see a shelf or collection thread.

Attached: 20220207_170332.jpg (4032x2268, 2.17M)

>actually buying manga
You are a rare and based user

Heh
Erecting

>localized trash

Here's mine

Attached: 1633855513523.jpg (1536x2048, 841.78K)

You're right. Instead of living with a handful of mildly annoying changes, I should instead spend untold hours becoming fluent in the world's 13th most popular language.

Attached: IMG_20220207_172920.jpg (1644x2127, 218.15K)

Those are some nice big shelves. Ikea?
Awesome JP collection. What's your go to website for imports?

Nice erection LOL

Marie Kondo'd the shit out of my old bed room, adding more shelves as soon as I figure out how to throw out a mattress

Attached: 1643302714323_7292271384788334.jpg (4608x3456, 1.33M)

are you a native?

i'm probably going to take a pic of my uber collection that's under my bed, i have to remove the dust in few weeks anyway.
i remember there's only 3 or 4 people on Any Forums who have more than 1000 volumes.

Reading Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou right now.

Attached: manga.jpg (1548x2419, 1.44M)

does it bother anyone else that the spines don’t match up most of the time in localized manga?
it bothers me so fucking much

I feel like I rarely see proper JP collections around here, I guess the anons came out from their hiding places.

What are those shelves? They're pretty much perfect for regular JP B6 sizes.

If you rike it, you'll probably enjoy Shimeji Simulation.

Why are some yuruyuri tanks larger than the others?

what do you mean ?
most of the time the spine and the cover are the same than in the JP version, except with letters from your language.

Not Ikea. Got them made at my work. Solid MFC with mortice & tenon joints. Won't sag for a very long time, if ever.
I'm pushing 700, would be more if I still used single volumes for stuff like jojo and berserk. Also ebay'd a ton a few years ago when I was poor.
I hate it so much. My Gantz and Vagabond in particular look like shit.

>ebay'd
?
you mean you sold them ?
that's honestly what i'll never do, except maybe for Nanatsu no Taizai because i regret buying it.
i know another french guy (used to be from the army) who also had to sell his collection years ago, he built a new one since then.

Not that user, but it's probably because the publisher rebranded.

That user is basically talking about how basically nothing properly alignes on the shelf when it comes to the spines (eg: if there's a horizontal line it's guaranteed not to match across different volumes or the numbers will never be aligned for each volume). Sometimes you also have volumes being from the same series having slightly different trim sizes(either taller or shorter). Almost all English publishers seem to suffer from this to an extent, it mainly seems to be caused by bad QA. Kodansha USA, Viz and Yen Press are the worst offenders iirc.

Don't think the collection has grown since last time posted. But I do have more CSM in the mail and my printer spent many hours this weekend making new risers for me.
Nice collection, OP. I'd ask why you have so many laid on their side but it does add a bit of visual interest.>Sometimes you also have volumes being from the same series having slightly different trim sizes
This is something I've started noticing. One book will be just a half millimeter taller than the others.

Attached: 20220207_110725.jpg (2774x2850, 2.17M)

I also forgot to mention that this is especially common for printings post-2019, the manga boom didn't help either.

Cultured user is cultured

Anyone own any rare/out of print stuff?
Like some of few Garo/similar stuff brought over or old stuff like Tezuka?

I'll most likely never need a bookcase as I feel that the majority of manga is simply not worth buying. Most shonen can be read once and then never read again and there are few series' which are worth spending money on. I seem to like seinen more than other genres, such as Gantz, Inuyashiki, Parasyte and Death Note, and manga like Akumetsu and Ichi the Killer haven't got english volumes for sale which sucks. I very much prefer quality over quantity so seeing large collections and hauls online doesn't do anything for me. Seeing OOP manga like OP's Gantz on the other hand is really cool. Not sure why I wrote this but who cares lol.

i just want you all to know i enjoy looking at your collections thank you for sharing

Are glass shelves good for manga? I saw a pretty neat shelves on sale at my local ikea and thought I can put my collection there.

I own the first english volume of Act Age but couldn't get my hands on the second before they stopped them from being sold. Not old but I like knowing I have something of a commodity.

>Gantz
>Inuyashiki
>Parasyte
With how shitty your taste is, you're better off not owning any of that garbage.

Very very out of date but I can't be bothered to go to the effort of taking a new picture with how my stuff is organised now.
1/2

Attached: Manga collection 1.jpg (6094x3868, 2.12M)

2/2

Attached: Manga collection 2.jpg (5838x3528, 1.85M)