DBZ went to shit in the Buu saga, but it started to fall apart during Cell

DBZ went to shit in the Buu saga, but it started to fall apart during Cell

Attached: 1644253095909.jpg (500x500, 58.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/g4aI27vUPxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gohan should have ended ad the MC.

I enjoyed the beginning of the Buu saga much more than almost all of the Cell saga. I started to enjoy it less after Buu appeared though and it went back to "we have to train to beat the big bad". Also the reason why I enjoy og dragonball much more than Z.

>let’s make the major antagonist a literal usunoro who screams his name and yells about candy
Why didn’t editor-san stop Toriyama?

Attached: 1644253517638.jpg (360x450, 36.1K)

Dragon Ball should have ended after the 23rd World Martial Arts Tournament. All that gayan shit is just blinking lights for retards and spics.

A character with no motivation should be the mc in a battle shonen series serialized in shueisha. Makes sense.

At this point why dont you retards just go ahead and read seinen?

I forgot, it's because yall are children. kek

>yall

>kek

>should have ended in an anticlimactic battle, right after Toriyama invented a new way of ki fighting with endless potential

Yes

I liked buu

>pretending to be mature in animu board
NGMI

I wish we'd gotten more Android 20.

It's funny because the Cell arc started really strong, maybe the best in Dragon Ball
It had a good mix of mystery, new characters, pace
It started to completely fall apart after Cell transformed for the first time
It was almost as bad as Kengan Omega during Purgatory and its aftermath

>Cell organises a tournament
>hyped up
>it’s not actually a tournament, people just go up to him like Frieza or Vegeta
What was the point

Cell showing off how smug and confident he is
He's saying that if he fought everyone he'd still win
Toriyama just went the logical route and made it all about Goku and Gohan
Back then characters like Piccolo were still allowed to be relevant, but this series bad addiction to needless escalation was already well established at that point
Seeing every single fighter go up against Cell and show of some cool stuff would've been interested, it could've been like the Baki gang against Pickle

It went shit in Freezer saga.
It's just the exact same formula as sayajin saga
>everybody jobs and dies
>Goku (who has no connection to the villain) shows up late and defeats the enemy

Story on Name was actually great before Goku showed up
>constant cat-and-mouse game
>hiding dragon balls
>defeating Freezer's goons in detail while gradually getting stronger
I just think it would been more satisfying if Bejita, Kuririn and Gohan would have been able to kill Freezer while working together because they are ultimately the main characters of the saga.

you have a point, but you can't really escape Goku, he's too important to not have him be heavily involved
I thought Toriyama salvaged it well during the climax of Namek
There was still some tension as the characters kept up with Frieza as he continued to evolve, Vegeta matching him in his first form, Krillin cutting his tail and luring him away from the others, Piccolo giving a decent showing against his 2nd form, we had escalation but not at the total expense of the other characters
3nd form was completely worthless however, the end still redeemed itself as the reason for the fight was very good, Goku as the mythical avenger of his race, dueling and defeating the creature who killed his father, there's some good stuff there, readers still have a reason to care
But it can't compare to the beginning and middle of Namek, that shit was great, my favorite Dragon Ball part

youtu.be/g4aI27vUPxA

What the fuck is wrong with DBZ fans?

Vegeta should have stayed dead. Series should have ended with Goku becoming Super Saiyan.

reminder that Buu saga is what happens when editors leave Toriyama unchecked instead of cracking the whip at his back to filter his shit ideas