Why does the show want me to think Spike was in the right here? Faye's argument made more sense

Why does the show want me to think Spike was in the right here? Faye's argument made more sense

Attached: Spike_and_faye.png (475x360, 132.44K)

>t. female

>just die when you have nothing to gain whatsoever from doing so

also the show explicitly makes the point that Faye's obsession with her past was futile. It's like the whole point of her character as far as I could see. Why is it different with Spike

women are never right

based

Spike was written like as female here and Faye was written as the male. Don't even (you) me.

faye
>makes rational points
spike
>gotta die in a really edgy way to show the viewers I'm cool

You wouldn't get it.

>no argument
>appealing to "I'm more masculine than you" as an user poster on Any Forums
very convincing

Part of me wonders how Faye and Jet handled Spike's death. I imagine Jet probably regrets passing up young pussy now and Faye is probably back to her slutty scheming ways

Does it? The show takes a pretty strong stance against living in the past like Spike was doing. The biggest mistake of Bebop (aside from Spike's story being really generic and lame) is that it makes Spike too cool in the ending for the point it's trying to make

this
also julia was weird

She may have had a good argument but they killed his girlfriend and he was really pissed.

Faye got over it and Spike couldn't
that's it

Because you read the scene wrong.

>Why does the show want me to think Spike was in the right here?
The show wasn’t trying to say that, females wouldn’t get it.

Bebop was about boredom with life. Spike was literally floating through space with no real ambitions, living hand to mouth doing dirty jobs. Julia gave his life meaning and rather than continue his stagnant life after her death, he chose to go out in a blaze of glory. Nothing wrong with that.
Faye has her life ahead of her. She decided her past wasn't worth it while Spike thought it was. Simple enough really.

It didn't, it expects you to empathize with both Spike and Faye

Kamille, Shinn, Faye and Kallen represents the Holy Quartet of Sunrise's most annoying character archetype: The childish, immature brat who needs to sit in the detention room for a 30 minutes timeout every time they shake their fists or stamp their feet, instead of being given too much sympathy or pampering that enables their huge ego.

Things that woman never gonna understand